Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] UE Boom 2 $85 after PM with Visions

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2018 7:38 am
May 29, 2017
273 posts
180 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Yeah, but those are pretty significant features especially for bluetooth speakers.

I've used my UE Boom 2 in the showers, on a floaty in the pool, on a beach, etc. Can't really do that with the other speakers.
That takes its toe on the sound quality though which is prob why the ue2 has no bass.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2211 posts
1112 upvotes
Haha, alright. Believe what 2 users have said about the bass not all the reviews out there saying otherwise.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15024 posts
6093 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Haha, alright. Believe what 2 users have said about the bass not all the reviews out there saying otherwise.
I'm losing count of how many rfd members agree that the boom 2 has no bass. Convince yourself otherwise if you wish.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2211 posts
1112 upvotes
tHe BoOm 2 HaS nO bAsS

"Bass levels are solid and pack a suitable punch..." - Trusted Reviews

"...with a loud 360 degree sound with deep bass and rich treble tones..." - Bass Head Speakers

"Full-sounding bass. Get impressively loud for its size." - PCMag.com
[OP]
Apr 27, 2017
131 posts
113 upvotes
thank you for the equaliser settings....definitely changes the sound of the UE...

this thing does have bass!...not as deep sounding as the charge 3 still..but very acceptable!
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15024 posts
6093 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: tHe BoOm 2 HaS nO bAsS

"...with a loud 360 degree sound with deep bass and rich treble tones..." - Bass Head Speakers

Fake news.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Aug 27, 2009
942 posts
788 upvotes
I've had two of these speakers for over a year.

As someone else mentioned bass out of the box isn't optimal, just boost it up with the EQ (app) and it's good.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1776 posts
2424 upvotes
BC
Those speakers suit different needs.

The icon and mp700 are speakers you keep around the house/bring out to your backyard.

The flip and boom models are ones you throw into your backpack and bring to the beach, trips, etc.

I have a boom 2 that I use for ball and fills up the gym nicely. I'm happy with the bass, tweak the EQ as mentioned. Saying it's shit is harsh.

I bought the icon but returned it because it didn't suit my needs. I didn't try the MP700 but from what others are saying it's louder than the icon but less clear/bassy.

Right now my lineup is:

- Soundlink mini 2 for the bathroom
- Boom 2 for trips/ball/beach
- Bose sound dock with a Bluetooth receiver for the kitchen
- Amazon echo for the bedroom
- UE megaboom for backyard, larger gatherings outside

Yes, I have a slight Bluetooth speaker addiction Face With Tears Of Joy
May 29, 2017
273 posts
180 upvotes
whoa-albert wrote: Haha, alright. Believe what 2 users have said about the bass not all the reviews out there saying otherwise.
I'm believing what I heard myself from in-store testing them side by side and comparing it to other speakers as well.
Jul 10, 2007
415 posts
343 upvotes
Edmonton
I don’t know why this is the case. It could be just how he “sounds” to others while reading his comments, but why do things usually get hostile when Sickbeast comments on a thread? I’m not trying to insult Sickbeast, but it’s a pattern, no?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15024 posts
6093 upvotes
golfcraze wrote: I don’t know why this is the case. It could be just how he “sounds” to others while reading his comments, but why do things usually get hostile when Sickbeast comments on a thread? I’m not trying to insult Sickbeast, but it’s a pattern, no?
How is this at all hostile? We are all entitled to our opinion.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Jun 17, 2013
193 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP

Got one for $85 plus tax..
--Bell 1 gb Fibe Internet + TV + Home Phone $75 + tax
--- 2 Fido 3 gb data plan $0 for 12 months Using with Fongo App
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2492 posts
1099 upvotes
Victoria
"The UE Boom 2 plays very loud and has lots of cool features, but the sound lacks enough bass for us to make it a top pick." - The Wirecutter
whoa-albert wrote: tHe BoOm 2 HaS nO bAsS

Mar 25, 2008
132 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
nanubains wrote: Got one for $85 plus tax..
In store, I guess? My price-match request was rejected [ordered online and contacted Customer Service after]
Sep 22, 2016
253 posts
512 upvotes
I just got back from picking one up at the Argentia & Winston Churchill location.
The "Deep Radiance" colour ones were in a seperate display in the middle of the walkway/aisle, not as a part of the Ultimate Ears display.

I grabbed one and saw at least 1 more left in this colour.

While checking out I saw another RFD'er coming to pick one up, (looks like they reserved in store) though it looked to me like the store had grabbed a different colour, but hopefully as they were right after me they got the price match,

I did have to fight for my price match though.

First they looked for any excuse, finally saying that Visions Electronics was a wholesaler, like Costco, and they pointed to the word on their "About Us" section of their website as an excuse.
I pointed out that the entire wording being:
In addition to its retail operations, Visions Electronics services the wholesale market with Visions Business Solutions, which operates separately from the retail division.

Then they said they could only Price Match it, but not do the extra 10% of the difference.
I insisted that their policy does not state that and asked where it said that.
At that point the problematic CSR walked away and the friendly CSR said she'd ask higher up for confirmation.
The higher up asked that she check stock so she went in on her phone to see if she could place and order and confirmet it did not say Out of Stock, so she did provide the additional 10%.

Bonus:
I went to Shoppers Drug Mart before Best Buy to buy a $100 Gift Card because I just got the PC Financial WE Mastercard, so there's an additional 12% back in PC Optimum Points.
Dealception.