Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy USA] ATT Prepaid Apple iPhone SE 32GB Space Gray [USA only] $149.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 6:25 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11002 posts
2195 upvotes
VANCOUVER
cheystar wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 11:36 pm
Lets say they are more lenient with android phones. As long as the android phone is paid in full the system will unlock the phone. As the iphone is heavily subsided, they need the customer to have a service in order to break even I guess.
I thought they were more than lenient. I thought it was their expressed policy, as it's been pretty much common knowledge on rfd that ATnT provides free unlock on their prepaid GoPhones.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3405 posts
319 upvotes
Vancouver
Rogido wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:04 pm
So let me get this straight. ATnT will unlock any prepaid phone for free, without any minimum activation period, except for iPhones?
according to their online policy, if you buy a gophone, it needs to be on paid service for 6 months. But it's true, they seem to be willing to unlock, but not guaranteed, Android phones even if they've never been activated.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11002 posts
2195 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kmchow wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 12:08 pm
according to their online policy, if you buy a gophone, it needs to be on paid service for 6 months. But it's true, they seem to be willing to unlock, but not guaranteed, Android phones even if they've never been activated.
i don't know if it was a loophole or glitch, but I've unlocked a couple of GoPhones, and on their unlock link, there is an option to choose "Not an ATnT customer" which bypasses the 6-month requirement.
Nov 25, 2009
42 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
dafloof wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 11:57 pm
I unlocked mine through an eBay seller. Took 4 days and $60 but worth it.
Hi dafloof which ebay seller was it? I want to unlock my iphone se and don't mind a 4 days wait time.
Jun 4, 2012
439 posts
106 upvotes
Calgary
snipershrimp wrote:
Oct 17th, 2017 12:04 pm
Hi dafloof which ebay seller was it? I want to unlock my iphone se and don't mind a 4 days wait time.

I just looked and the seller doesn't seem to have any other unlocks available.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1574 posts
212 upvotes
Mississauga
First time am seeing a tracfone iphone third party unlocker. Pretty rare service. Ask the seller if he does simple mobile or straight talk as tracfone owns both maybe the unlock request method is the same.
Phila213 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 9:36 pm
Would a Tracfone unlock work on the Simple Mobile variant?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USA-TracFone-Pre ... Ciid%253A1
Oct 2, 2008
492 posts
77 upvotes
Ancaster
cheystar wrote:
Oct 18th, 2017 9:54 pm
First time am seeing a tracfone iphone third party unlocker. Pretty rare service. Ask the seller if he does simple mobile or straight talk as tracfone owns both maybe the unlock request method is the same.
I sent him an email. Looking at the Simple Mobile about page, Tracfone is mentioned a lot...maybe it will work.
Oct 2, 2008
492 posts
77 upvotes
Ancaster
I bought this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Apple-Official-i ... 2749.l2649

And got this:

IMEI : 35*************
Model: iPhone SE Space Gray 32GB
Serial Number: DX3T********
Find my iPhone: OFF
Locked Carrier: US StraightTalk Locked
SIMLock Status: Locked

The SE I got was marked Simple Mobile.

Still waiting for a reply from the other seller.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1574 posts
212 upvotes
Mississauga
Straight talk is basically a simple mobile phone sold in walmart. I wouldn't worry about it because the carrier code for simple mobile is the same as straight talk maybe thats why the report shows straight talk as the carrier. The gsx report is from the apple database so its the most accurate as the info comes from apple itself. I believe if the unlock for straight talk should work with simple mobile. Again this is an assumption by what I have read on howardforums and reddit so please do your own reasearch as well.
Phila213 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 1:05 pm
I bought this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Apple-Official-i ... 2749.l2649

And got this:

IMEI : 35*************
Model: iPhone SE Space Gray 32GB
Serial Number: DX3T********
Find my iPhone: OFF
Locked Carrier: US StraightTalk Locked
SIMLock Status: Locked

The SE I got was marked Simple Mobile.

Still waiting for a reply from the other seller.
Oct 2, 2008
492 posts
77 upvotes
Ancaster
cheystar wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 1:35 pm
Straight talk is basically a simple mobile phone sold in walmart. I wouldn't worry about it because the carrier code for simple mobile is the same as straight talk maybe thats why the report shows straight talk as the carrier. The gsx report is from the apple database so its the most accurate as the info comes from apple itself. I believe if the unlock for straight talk should work with simple mobile. Again this is an assumption by what I have read on howardforums and reddit so please do your own reasearch as well.
So..I mentioned this to my friend who also bought a Simple Mobile SE..and he too did a sim lock status request, but from a different seller.

His said this:

Applied Activation Policy Description: US TracFone / StraightTalk Locked Policy
Dec 8, 2013
175 posts
32 upvotes
British Columbia
I ran a GSX report on mine and it came back with this:

Locked Carrier: US TracFone / StraightTalk (ATT/TMO/VZW)
Locked Policy Country: US - United States
Simlock: Locked

Found an eBay Listing and the guy claims his works:

1-30 business days.
Weekend do not count.
Please do not order if you can't wait given time.

The success of 85%.
If the operator will send a refusal, we will refund your money.
Guaranteed Unlock or Refund.
Jan 16, 2004
644 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
Rogido wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 1:31 pm
i don't know if it was a loophole or glitch, but I've unlocked a couple of GoPhones, and on their unlock link, there is an option to choose "Not an ATnT customer" which bypasses the 6-month requirement.
that use to be the case. i've unlocked a few phones for free from at&t but now the policies are different and much harder to unlock. no more free unlocks for non-at&t customers.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11002 posts
2195 upvotes
VANCOUVER
protege2k wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 9:25 pm
that use to be the case. i've unlocked a few phones for free from at&t but now the policies are different and much harder to unlock. no more free unlocks for non-at&t customers.
Oh no, damn it. I still have a couple of GoPhones, thinking I can unlock at anytime!
Apr 21, 2006
349 posts
29 upvotes
So my 11 year old daughter wants an Ipod but am wondering if this one is a better option! I live 45 minutes away from the USA. My thought is I can use this as a cel phone for her in a couple of years...can this one be unlocked? (Sorry, not too knowledgeable about this stuff!)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Tal ... RCnGIAIvKg