Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy USA] US Only: JBL LINK VIEW 8 - Smart Display w/Google Assistant • $100 [USD] Reg. $300 [USD] • BIG YMMV!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2020 11:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

US Only: JBL LINK VIEW 8 - Smart Display w/Google Assistant • $100 [USD] Reg. $300 [USD] • BIG YMMV!!

Deal Link:
Price:
67% off
Retailer:
Best Buy USA
BestBuy.com has the JBL Link View 8" Smart Display on sale for $99.99 (USD), reg. $299.99 (USD). It is for sale at Staples in Canada for $329.99, reg. $349.99 (CDN).

Now for the BIG HUGE YMMV, no shipping to Canada, if you have an AmeriFriend or plan to pickup in store (in US) you can can order from BestBuy.com directly, if you are like me and are a huge Deal Addict/shopper of products in the US and use a Forwarder like CrossBorderPickups (CBP restarted their forwarding services this week) you will need to jump through a few more hoops, you will need to download the GoogleShopping APK (formally GoogleExpress, not available in PlayStore as it's US only) and you can order through the app to a Forwarder and it will go through as Google does the fulfillment NOT BestBuy.com who would normally cancel any orders being sent to known/popular forwarders. If you have never used GoogleExpress before, search Google for coupon codes, you should be able to find an extra 10-20% coupon code for 1st time customers.

I have my JBL LinkView 8 that I've had for about a month now (last time it went on sale in the US), having had the minis, the insignia smart speakers, Lenovo smart display, and also have 2 Nest Hubs and I gotta say the sound coming out of this is like night and day compared to all the other offerings I've tested.

Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 8th, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
7 replies
Nov 13, 2005
305 posts
92 upvotes
Calgary
I have this and it sounds amazing. Lava hot for $100. Most other displays are smaller and lack sound which I think is the main reason it gets buried in the kitchen clutter at friends houses whereas mine gets usage throughout the day for music, news, duo calls, YouTube etc. It can do it all very well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2569 posts
3318 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
403GL wrote: I have this and it sounds amazing. Lava hot for $100. Most other displays are smaller and lack sound which I think is the main reason it gets buried in the kitchen clutter at friends houses whereas mine gets usage throughout the day for music, news, duo calls, YouTube etc. It can do it all very well.
Same here, super impressed by the sound. Moved the Nest Hub to my kitchen and set this up in the living room, use it daily to listen to Roz&Mocha morning show and Spotify all throughout the day.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2600 posts
1338 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought one in States for 100US in January. Also stole Next Max for $54 :D and for good measure the Amazon Echo Show 10" version so I can review all.

The JBL is the best one for sound though on mine i heard a faint popping noise when audio started/ended so I dumped it. Plus for where i was putting it, it was just too big. Screen was not great, the worst of the 3. It was like looking at a laminated picture.
Aug 10, 2013
455 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Bought one in States for 100US in January. Also stole Next Max for $54 :D and for good measure the Amazon Echo Show 10" version so I can review all.

The JBL is the best one for sound though on mine i heard a faint popping noise when audio started/ended so I dumped it. Plus for where i was putting it, it was just too big. Screen was not great, the worst of the 3. It was like looking at a laminated picture.
Thanks for sharing.
You save me money!
Thanks Op anyway!