Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] VERTAGEAR SL5000 Gaming Chair - All colors on sale @ $249 online only w/free delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2019 12:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!

[Best Buy] VERTAGEAR SL5000 Gaming Chair - All colors on sale @ $249 online only w/free delivery

After getting in on the $150 ($135 after coupon code) XFX Gaming chair from Staples last week, I returned it in a heartbeat after discovering this chair on sale at Best Buy.
I took delivery of a black & white one earlier this week and couldn't be happier with the build quality & comfort level, especially at this price.
It's a beast, looks great in person, and is easy to clean.

Now thru Oct 17th they are offering all in-stock colors for the same price.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ve ... e/11642569

The black version was sold out well before the sale, doubtful it will be back in stock during the event, but never say never.

Here's a fairly recent review (July 8/19), so it's a current model not an end of life clearance sale.
https://www.gamingscan.com/vertagear-sl5000-review/

In fact, the SL5000 is the top model in the SL series.
https://www.vertagear.com/products/sl5000-gaming-chair
12 replies
May 3, 2010
246 posts
515 upvotes
I also got ordered the white one last week. Put together yesterday. It's comfortable and sturdy. I would've got the other colours though if they were on sale earlier.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
tenshiryo wrote: I also got ordered the white one last week. Put together yesterday. It's comfortable and sturdy. I would've got the other colours though if they were on sale earlier.

If you still have the box you could pack it back up and return it to the store after ordering whichever color you really wanted.

I'm sticking with the black & white one, luckily that's the color combo I wanted anyways.

Plus it qualified for an additional $25 off last week during the VIP sale, so @ $225 it was difficult to pass up.
Oct 23, 2013
27 posts
7 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP, picked up one for myself. Maybe blessing in disguise since I also bought that 150 chair and my order got cancelled. Now I just want to upgrade my chair. Do you find it comfortable compared to the other one?
Apr 28, 2013
20 posts
7 upvotes
So I purchased the XFX gaming chair and don't find it very comfortable, maybe it needs to be worn in but is it worth returning it and paying an extra 120 dollars for this Verta?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1725 posts
1098 upvotes
Toronto
I got this chair 1.5 years ago. The chair is comfortable but the material is not great. The seat started to teal and I had to claim warranty. They end up sending a replacement seat.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Apr 21, 2018
111 posts
34 upvotes
Very tempting
I picked up a great chair off Amazon on sale. But my issue is the arm rest height, they don't raise ( I actually put a towel underneath my mouse arm).

When it says 4D arm rests, they refer to it rotating in and out. Can the arm rests be raised and lowered?
May 28, 2019
155 posts
185 upvotes
My fellow gamerbros, and people in general, just pick up a good office chair with lumbar support. Doesn't have to be Herman-Miller (though would recommend if you can find a used and can afford it).
Gaming chairs are usually uncomfortable and a meme.

Staples Hyken, Ikea Markus are the two lowest you could look at, but there are definitely others (Steelcase, etc). Just look around on Google.
Sep 25, 2019
607 posts
1190 upvotes
I much prefer those mesh chairs. When you skin touches the leather, it's sweaty and can't breath.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Mcfligh6447 wrote: Thanks OP, picked up one for myself. Maybe blessing in disguise since I also bought that 150 chair and my order got cancelled. Now I just want to upgrade my chair. Do you find it comfortable compared to the other one?
Absolutely.
Night and day difference in quality.
Zero regrets refunding the XFX and paying the difference for this Vertagear.
imsiin wrote: So I purchased the XFX gaming chair and don't find it very comfortable, maybe it needs to be worn in but is it worth returning it and paying an extra 120 dollars for this Verta?
As others have mentioned, most gaming chairs are very firm, and are designed for proper posture.
This chair is no different in that department , but with time should wear in nicely.
I am confident that it will last many years longer than the XFX will, it's built like a tank.
Haydzx wrote: Very tempting
I picked up a great chair off Amazon on sale. But my issue is the arm rest height, they don't raise ( I actually put a towel underneath my mouse arm).

When it says 4D arm rests, they refer to it rotating in and out. Can the arm rests be raised and lowered?
The arms rotate in and out on an angle (ideal for gamepad use), have a decent amount of vertical height adjustability, slide forwards and backwards, and also slide horizontally for width adjustment.
4D, as stated.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 21, 2018
111 posts
34 upvotes
Woah! wrote: The arms rotate in and out on an angle (ideal for gamepad use), have a decent amount of vertical height adjustability, slide forwards and backwards, and also slide horizontally for width adjustment.
4D, as stated.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Thank you! It is just such an annoying issue to have. Otherwise the chair is fantastic.

My current char has the breathable, cross stitching material that you commonly see at an office. How does the leather compare for comfort and not 'sweating'?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Haydzx wrote: Thank you! It is just such an annoying issue to have. Otherwise the chair is fantastic.

My current char has the breathable, cross stitching material that you commonly see at an office. How does the leather compare for comfort and not 'sweating'?
Which chair do you have that doesn't have decent armrest adjustments?

Now that Summer is over I can't tell for sure in regards to sweating.
So far I've sat in it for several 3hr sessions, and haven't felt any heat build up.

The leatherette has a semi-perforated pattern, which may help.
Worst case scenario would be that if I had to sit in it during warmer weather I'd just place a small cotton or similar material towel on it if need be.

To be honest, if it's warm enough in the room to have sweating be a concern then I'm probably not sitting in front of the computer anyways.

The build quality at this price is a no-brainer for me, considering that I had first-hand experience with the XFX and can easily spot the differences.
Having paid $135 for the XFX vs $225 for the Vertagear (during the VIP $25 off sale last week), the extra $90 was more than worth it.