• Jul 1st, 2017 6:07 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
1631 posts
643 upvotes
Winnipeg
ajacian81 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 1:07 pm
The funny thing is, Canadians, esp at RFD cheer for the downfall or demise of retailers here in Canada. They cheered when Future Shop (a Canadian company) was sold and then shuttered, they were happy to see Zellers go, then Target, happy to see Shop.ca get in financial trouble, and now rejoicing over Sears. And yet as competition goes down prices go up. I don't get it.
People(mainly millennials I suspect) will cheer for any place to die because A)they dont shop there and B)Amazon is the only church they pray too.
Dec 10, 2014
404 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I hope they have a code this year. Last year there was like a 30% off code which was actually good for some musical instruments, the only time a sale at Best buy was good.
Nov 28, 2013
747 posts
249 upvotes
Quebec
I'll look into the baby stuff

Strange things to say "I'm looking into baby stuff at Best Buy"
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13085 posts
1727 upvotes
FrostyWinnipeg wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 1:23 pm
People(mainly millennials I suspect) will cheer for any place to die because A)they dont shop there and B)Amazon is the only church they pray too.
Selfishness is not exclusive to millennials.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
2422 posts
370 upvotes
Any idea what the unnamed in-store only 4K TV specials will be?
Sep 2, 2007
623 posts
85 upvotes
BC
$100 iTune card seems like a solid deal for $85.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2416 posts
375 upvotes
I can't wait until the Best Buy "cucumber" coupon comes out!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1124 posts
558 upvotes
Pallet Town
palmrule wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 2:42 pm
$100 iTune card seems like a solid deal for $85.
If you're not in a rush, Costco has it for $79.99 a few times a year. An extra few dollars if buying online, but still cheaper than this VIP sale
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2791 posts
306 upvotes
Markham
Anyone else can't view the flyer on mobile? I'm assuming it operates on flash because I view it just fine on my desktop.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1115 posts
319 upvotes
Hamilton
FrostyWinnipeg wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 1:23 pm
I cheer for their demise because of their customer experience. It goes hand in hand with why these places struggle. Try a legitimate PM at Best buy. Let me know how it goes and tell me if you want to continue to shop there.
Jul 21, 2005
104 posts
34 upvotes
EnyCe wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 3:21 pm
Anyone else can't view the flyer on mobile? I'm assuming it operates on flash because I view it just fine on my desktop.
On a computer and also having problems...the flyer looks blank until I mouse over it, then it briefly highlights the outline of where the item should be, shows the star rating, and I can click it to see the item...but its' a blank page otherwise.
Oct 10, 2013
267 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Phlegmbot wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 1:34 pm
Any idea what the unnamed in-store only 4K TV specials will be?
I was at BB yesterday and saw several people picking up the Sony 55X700D at full price, perhaps they know something that we don't. It makes sense that they would be clearing out the 700D as 720E should be here soon.
Jun 18, 2015
175 posts
89 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Another discount on Arlo coming......hopefully it's not just the current $50 discount.
Jun 24, 2007
64 posts
18 upvotes
Is it just me or are these the same deals that just happen like every week or if not every other week? They just give it a random name to make it sounds very important. They should be more creative to come up with the names like "Not Really A Sale Sale".

Best Buy is like the last place I get my electronics nowadays unless they got like a price error on their flyer. Their product selections is limited and prices are usually higher than Amazon or NCIX. I was looking for a PSU recently and I could not find a high quality one with for a normal price that is also sold by Best Buy and not some 3rd party merchant. I even stopped going to Best Buy to do price match anymore because the manager is so picky that he basically rejected every price match attempt. The manager once told me he cannot price match any item that shows the quantity of the item because these have "limited" quantity even if they are in stock. So in order to price match successfully according to him, the item cannot be on sale (he doesn't price match on sale item) and cannot show quantity or have the word "limited quantity".
Aug 22, 2007
28 posts
11 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 12:08 pm
I have a largish house by city standards and a single centrally placed EX7000 gets me great reception everywhere. I struggle to imagine the mcmansions that must actually need a mesh wifi network. I guess if you have no ethernet in the house and put your router in a corner of the basement it would suck.

I have lots of brick and plaster for interior walls and the Orbi was the thing that finally worked after returning multiple routers. Expensive, yes, but it works.