• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2019 2:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2464 posts
1431 upvotes
Edmonton

[Best Buy] Vitamix 750 Blender $549.99 (save $200)

10750122(1).jpg
Best price I've seen on the 750. Great blender at regular price - fantastic blender at $200 off.

Only bad thing is it's a Best Buy exclusive, so there's only the one flavour - brushed stainless.

Here's some reviews:
https://healthybutsmart.com/vitamix-750-review/
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/ ... 50-blender
https://www.blendercritics.com/vitamix- ... 50-review/

They all agree - only flaw is price. Now it's almost as cheap as the failed Staples fiasco.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 21st, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3960 posts
2255 upvotes
Ottawa
Have this, great service and warranty bought from Williams equipment for 649 in 2014. Jar broke few weeks ago, they shipped new one right away, shipped wrong size, told us to keep and sent correct size.

Huge difference between shakes w a ninja and a normal blender, we substituted during the week we didn't have a jar. We do shakes and smoothies every morning, berries with seeds, quinoa, random other healthy stuff I rather not think about that my wife puts in.

Worth every penny.

We got the short jar, and I like it much better than the tall, significant difference

Good price, you won't regret
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3706 posts
2478 upvotes
Calgary
Great blender with awesome performance. I've had mine for almost 7yrs now & it still looks & runs like new. FWIW never had the black flecks issue with my jar either.

Paid $700 for mine so this isn't a bad deal.
Jan 1, 2019
54 posts
10 upvotes
East VAN
My very first blender and I must say it paid itself off and is a good one. I've upgraded but I do recommend this one!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3960 posts
2255 upvotes
Ottawa
Gawtti wrote: My very first blender and I must say it paid itself off and is a good one. I've upgraded but I do recommend this one!
Upgraded? To What?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5006 posts
4036 upvotes
BC
I know some people have a hard time justifying the cost of a high quality blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. I am not one of those people as I do own a Blendtec and have used a Vitamix, but I do have a hard time understanding the reasoning for opting for a $500-$600 Vitamix or Blendtec rather than a $300-$400 one. In the case of Vitamix, a slightly more powerful motor (which may not even be noticeable), some presets and depending on the model, a bigger jar and a longer warranty. Is there anything else that you get for an extra couple hundred dollars?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3960 posts
2255 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: I know some people have a hard time justifying the cost of a high quality blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec. I am not one of those people as I do own a Blendtec and have used a Vitamix, but I do have a hard time understanding the reasoning for opting for a $500-$600 Vitamix or Blendtec rather than a $300-$400 one. In the case of Vitamix, a slightly more powerful motor (which may not even be noticeable), some presets and depending on the model, a bigger jar and a longer warranty. Is there anything else that you get for an extra couple hundred dollars?
For me it was noise, the 750 is quieter, and it ain't exactly quiet.. So I'm glad I got it. Now is it quieter than the latest models? Not sure. It was quietest in 2014
Mar 8, 2008
435 posts
669 upvotes
gatineau
i'm completely confused on which model of Vitamix is the one to commit to.

I've had Vitamix or Blendtec on bucketlist for a few years, but get lost in the specs. What I did learn recently from a friend who bought one, was that different containers are needed for different purposes, like for milling grains vs making a smooooothie.
Last edited by bouche on Nov 21st, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 1, 2015
609 posts
288 upvotes
BC
Got ours in 2013 and have used it about 1-2 times a day. Original blade is still in perfect condition and it has out lasted 2 nutri bullets. Only downfall is that on the max setting it is super loud and any additional accessories will cost you a lot.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3960 posts
2255 upvotes
Ottawa
bouche wrote: i'm completely confused on which model of Vitamix is the one to commit to.

I've had Vitamix or Blendtec on bucketlist for a few years, but get lost in the specs. What I did learn recently from a friend who bought one, was that different containers are needed for different purposes, like for milling grains vs making a smooooothie.
Normal container works for smoothies.. If you ever actually plan on doing grains buy one yes. I was same but ended up with quietest model... Performance is relatively similar..
If you spend 20hrs researching you've paid the difference between the mid level vs the best.. Winking Face
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
16947 posts
9024 upvotes
Ottawa
SizzleChest wrote: In the case of Vitamix, a slightly more powerful motor (which may not even be noticeable), some presets and depending on the model, a bigger jar and a longer warranty. Is there anything else that you get for an extra couple hundred dollars?
yes, that's basically it. The basic model with 10 speeds will get the job done and you are paying more for convenience features like smarter programs and such
<insert sig>
Oct 16, 2011
468 posts
309 upvotes
How easy is it to clean?

I can easily see myself purchasing this and then not using it because i'm too lazy to clean it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5006 posts
4036 upvotes
BC
SillyRabbit wrote: How easy is it to clean?

I can easily see myself purchasing this and then not using it because i'm too lazy to clean it.
If you really are that lazy, you can use soap and water and then run the blender for 10-15 seconds and that will do the job, but I prefer to use a bottle brush myself.
Sep 1, 2008
36 posts
The next best thing is the Refurb. Standard Setting Vitamix $429. So for an extra $120 you're getting:

+ 2 Extra control settings (Minor ones that can be substituted)
+ Metal housing (compared to Plastic- Okay fine decent upgrade)
+ Partial back lit face plate (Removed light on the dial. Find this really annoying, either do all or none)
+ 2 Extra yr's warranty (New 7yr vs. Refurb 5yrs.- Negligible - Both should last a 'lifetime' as per reviews)
+ Feeling of new'ness (even though the refurb one comes with a Brand new Jar & Tamper)

Is this really worth almost 30% more? At the end of the day. It's a difference of color, since the Stainless steel is only avb on this model. And everyday staring at the face plate knowing Vitamix messed up the back light function.

Save that extra $120, and buy accessories- Second container for Dry or the portable 20oz to-go cups. This would be more functionally/practically useful use of the up charge. And yes, the accessories are that pricey. Thoughts?

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/Vitamix-Professio ... B01ELIJWIW
Jun 14, 2017
816 posts
799 upvotes
julosa wrote: Thoughts on the 750 for $549 or a2300 for $477?

Also, any idea why Amazon seems to have two different listings for the a2300 - one significantly cheaper than the other? I think I must be missing something...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N4HPJV3
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XHP5FGH
The Pro 750 is from the Original classic line and it carries a 7 year warranty vs a 10 year warranty for the entire Ascent series. The Pro 750 have preset functions(no presets for A2300) and is build a bit more premium with the stainless steel cover vs. plastic.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2464 posts
1431 upvotes
Edmonton
I just run the hot water and drop of soap mixture for a minute, as they suggest. Haven’t “washed” the container yet, have had to wipe off the lid and actually put the lid in the dishwasher once (soup experiment gone sideways)
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)