• Jan 17th, 2020 12:03 pm
[OP]
Mar 12, 2013
7 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] (Warm) Best Buy Korg EK-50 61-Key Keyboard $419.99

First time poster, long time lurker.

This is the best deal I could find for a beginner to intermediate level keyboard in the last month or so. Korg is well known brand, from my limited research, and this keyboard is one of their first entries into this price range. It does lack a lot of the bells and whistles (lighted keys, only 18 demo songs, educational features, etc.) compared to many other cheaper $100-200 keyboards, but makes up for it with clean design and being more performance ready. I was waiting for one of the 88-key Casio or Yamaha, weighted key, keyboards from Costco to go on sale but couldn't wait to get something for my son who has been getting by with a toy and $400-600 is a bit much for their first instrument.

If you need a stand there's a link for 20% off stand

FWIW cheapest on *************** was $449 but through 3rd party seller.

I ultimately went with the Costco LK-265 for $200 as I needed bench/stand, price guarantee, and possibility of upgrading if there is a sale that pops up, but hopefully this might suit someone's needs out there.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3547 posts
2369 upvotes
Toronto
What colour switches?
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Mar 4, 2007
637 posts
572 upvotes
Halifax
Just curious, does it come with Miek?
Mar 24, 2015
339 posts
185 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
No standard MIDI port on it? I guess it's okay as a standalone, but for that price, I'd sure want a MIDI port separate from MIDI through USB.