Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

[Warm - Clearance] iHome Control iSP100 Wi-Fi Outdoor Smart Plug - $19.97

Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Best Buy] [Warm - Clearance] iHome Control iSP100 Wi-Fi Outdoor Smart Plug - $19.97

***may be online only***

If anyone is looking for an outdoor Smart plug (to control string lights on their patio, or any other outdoor-type application), BB is trying to get rid of their iSP100's. I purchased the two-pack outdoor switches from Costco this past shopping season so don't need them.

What's cool about this one is that it supports HomeKit natively so all you Apple fanboys (and girls) will find that this will integrate easily with your hub.
Google Assistant, Wink, Alexa & Nest integration also supported out of the box.

Is this a 'piping hot out of the oven' deal? I don't think so.

But it is an 'ok' price for a GFI enabled smart plug being from a reputable company.
GFI enabled (raincouver friendly) and rated for up to 1800W.
11535813.jpg
More details at: https://www.ihomeaudio.com/iSP100BC
Last edited by vancityguy0 on Apr 21st, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
18 replies
Jan 22, 2007
59 posts
79 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP. Use it indoor and it is cheaper than a Belkin Wemo plug. This one is a right angle plug so even better.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9964 posts
40771 upvotes
Price in title please!
hi :)
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
NowJoJo wrote: Price in title please!
Sorry, sorry!! Fixed now. 🙏🏻
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks OP bought 2. Use two of their normal smart plugs daily for 2 years and they’ve been rock solid with HomeKit. Can’t say the same for philips hue.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Ecsta wrote: Thanks OP bought 2. Use two of their normal smart plugs daily for 2 years and they’ve been rock solid with HomeKit. Can’t say the same for philips hue.
Thanks but Philips Hue doesn't make smart plugs and Hue is a completely different product line up.

I have had both for over 2 years now and they've both been stable as a rock for me on HomeKit - and I live in a condo tower surrounded by 6 other high rises.

Experience with connected products comes with a huge YMMV because a lot of it depends on the equipment used to support it (routers), other equipment connected to your own network, physical anomalies and then the airwaves surrounding your household. So there's lots of stuff there to mess around with your toys at home.

Any how, glad you were able to snag 2 units of a product you enjoy using!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
I think this is a great deal! I’ve been eyeing this one but ended up buying a Geeni from CT because it was on sale.
I bought 2 of these like everyone else.

It’s great to replace the old school timer for Christmas lights and to remotely turn on/off charge my Arlo pro so I don’t over charge the batteries.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yhap2003 wrote: I think this is a great deal! I’ve been eyeing this one but ended up buying a Geeni from CT because it was on sale.
I bought 2 of these like everyone else.

It’s great to replace the old school timer for Christmas lights and to remotely turn on/off charge my Arlo pro so I don’t over charge the batteries.
You guys are making me wonder if I should just pick up a couple of these and call it a day. Lol.

If they had energy monitoring built in I would’ve probably have cleared stock.

I need one that is GFI rated with energy monitoring so I could use it with my washing machine. Using Hass.io, one could identify a drop in power usage as a completion of a cycle and cause the lights somewhere to blink or make a google assistant announcement.

I know this could be done with sonoff plugs but I don’t want to start soldering stuff on PCBs, especially when running something like a washing machine off them.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP, bought 2!
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
vancityguy0 wrote: Thanks but Philips Hue doesn't make smart plugs and Hue is a completely different product line up.

I have had both for over 2 years now and they've both been stable as a rock for me on HomeKit - and I live in a condo tower surrounded by 6 other high rises.

Experience with connected products comes with a huge YMMV because a lot of it depends on the equipment used to support it (routers), other equipment connected to your own network, physical anomalies and then the airwaves surrounding your household. So there's lots of stuff there to mess around with your toys at home.

Any how, glad you were able to snag 2 units of a product you enjoy using!
I get why you consider it a different product, but i use them in the same way, same equipment, and same room as my lights in a main room through HomeKit, so when either stops working its a PITA. The Hue bridge is annoying because it takes up one my ethernet slots and has super bright LEDs that i had to tape over. Hue randomly disconnects and loses my presets (had it happen a few times), whereas the only annoying thing about the smart plugs is the reset switch on the side gets squeezed and reset accidentally when i'm moving around furniture.

Anyhow i'm very happy with both, but when the colour Hue bulbs are like $50 a piece and require their own bridge i have much higher expectations.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
What app is used for this - SmartLife?
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
vancityguy0 wrote: You guys are making me wonder if I should just pick up a couple of these and call it a day. Lol.

If they had energy monitoring built in I would’ve probably have cleared stock.

I need one that is GFI rated with energy monitoring so I could use it with my washing machine. Using Hass.io, one could identify a drop in power usage as a completion of a cycle and cause the lights somewhere to blink or make a google assistant announcement.

I know this could be done with sonoff plugs but I don’t want to start soldering stuff on PCBs, especially when running something like a washing machine off them.
sounds like what you're looking for might be a niche market?
Can you use the wemo insight? - https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C029/
Feb 20, 2018
213 posts
210 upvotes
I picked one of these up during Christmas to control our Christmas decoration lighting. Rock solid and I already have a Homekit ecosystem setup in my house so this was a nice addition. I also have iHome's iSP8 and iSS50 and they too have been rock solid.

Picked two of these up as well. Thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
I've used this for the last couple winters for Christmas lights. Works great with HomeKit.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10950 posts
3262 upvotes
Too bad they sold out. This was a great price.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yhap2003 wrote:
sounds like what you're looking for might be a niche market?
Can you use the wemo insight? - https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C029/
Thanks dude. But those things are $50 each. I’m not THAT attached to the idea of google telling me when my clothes are done. Lol.

I guess I’ll just keep an eye for branded plugs with energy monitoring going on sale. Might be waiting a while. :/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)