Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

WARM* Insigania Stainless Steel AIr Fryer 4.8L - $70

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2020 2:05 am
Oct 18, 2012
854 posts
1251 upvotes
Montréal

[Best Buy] WARM* Insigania Stainless Steel AIr Fryer 4.8L - $70

I bought this Air Fryer during the boxing day sale, noticed it's now $70 + tax, looks like a warm deal
I personally had okay experience with this air fryer.

some hightlight:
4.8L capacity, slightly larger than the $50 T-fal one at Walmart
Stainless Steel, looks fancier than the T-fal's plastic

For those of you missed the T-fal deal from Walmart, this seems an alternative
14 replies
May 10, 2010
940 posts
1483 upvotes
Kenora
This isn't a bad price. I've been thinking of getting an air fryer, but still not sure. How "fried" does things come out, and generally, do things take longer to cook than in the oven?
Apr 9, 2006
651 posts
246 upvotes
Not at all. Cuz the air is circulated in a short space. It does better job than oven. Gets crispy
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
2061 posts
1232 upvotes
Looking for an airfryer for the parents but knobs vs digital kill the deal for me.
Jan 3, 2012
741 posts
338 upvotes
great white north
FlukeSkywalker wrote: Looking for an airfryer for the parents but knobs vs digital kill the deal for me.
I had bought both these Insignia air fryers before from BB with the last promo and the digital display model was unusable after 3 uses . I attribute the defect to how the tray engage into the air fryer unit to start and that was poorly designed.
My other unit with the manual knob controls with a 5+L capacity however is working well over the last year, using at least once a week.
I will definitely buy the non digital model of this insignia unit if I need another air fryer. I use this mainly to cook meat products and find cleaning up after wards is so much easier as compared tocooking these items in my convection ovens.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2945 posts
3014 upvotes
Montréal
Very happy with an air fryer we got a few months ago. A lot of utility for healthy food and frozen junk food
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
Best think since sliced bread or dare i say best think for your sliced bread.

I don't have this model but ours gets used daily and has almost become the primary way food is cooked.
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
I have a digital one and it's pretty loud with the beeping. I might prefer the manual knobs.
Oct 22, 2017
145 posts
176 upvotes
Picked this up today and decided to pull the trigger based on the size and price. Didn’t want the manual knobs but some of the digital ones I’ve seen aren’t very intuitive.

Make sure you run it once outside or in the garage before you actually use it.

It has a crazy burnt rubber smell so I’m running it in my garage with the door slightly open as I type this
Jan 28, 2008
415 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I got an Insignia 5L Air fryer last year, not this model, but a plastic model. And it is the best purchase I've ever made in 2019.
I would recommend this.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1592 posts
1789 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought the 5.5L and use it everyday. Good buy
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2042 posts
695 upvotes
Ottawa
I still smell plastic after 2 montgs usage (20 times)

You really want a fryer 4 tines of your cooking bolume. the air does not really circulate well
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
Can you return this after trying it? The usual Best Buy return policy?
Apr 2, 2010
145 posts
181 upvotes
Edmonton
I picked one up tonight from BB and my first attempt with it was pretty good!

I can confirm the rubber smell, make sure you open your window or run it outside like mentioned above. I actually prefer the analogue knobs, less things to break down and I am not sure what else you would need in terms of settings?

The unit itself is very simple if you look inside, it is basically a stove-top coil and a powerful fan above it to move the hot air over and around the food. It works quite well and is way more efficient that heating up your entire over to make something small.

I can't comment on the quality so far, but imagine most of these units are made from one or two OEMs anyway.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1895 posts
540 upvotes
London
My friend swears by his air fryer
just reserved one for London South.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)