Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Warmish?! - Bestbuy - JBL / Sony / Altec Lansing - Bluetooth On-Ear and Earbuds $9.97 to $29.97

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 3:35 am
Jul 24, 2019
17 posts
12 upvotes
Grabbed the last Altec Lansing earbuds in the Best Buy closest to me. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1291 posts
654 upvotes
Oh, I bought the Iron Man one and thought they were for kids... too bad...
Aug 3, 2018
59 posts
182 upvotes
duhastvielgeweint wrote: I want to trust those brands, but the ratings make me hesitate.
Back when I used to have desktop computers I always had Altec Lansing speaker and I was very happy with them. I bought the Altec Lansing earbuds. Some of the reviews weren't very flattering but I figured for $30 I could make up my own mind. I've had them for a day and they sound pretty good to me! They are big though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8718 posts
3677 upvotes
Toronto
wow, the sound quality is pretty amazing out of these $9 spider man speakers!! with the clip it's basically a cheaper JBL Clip. going to put it on my bike, at this price I wouldnt get too angry if it was stolen
Jan 2, 2013
315 posts
579 upvotes
Montreal
Bought the altec lansing earbuds but had to return them because of the smell!!! The earbuds and the case smelled so toxic and so intensely that it made me gag and almost puke when using them.
Nov 23, 2007
67 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

Got the Altec Lansing earbuds and a another one of the $10 sets.

The earbuds come with 20 something different ear tips and I spent 30 mins trying to find the best ones that fit. Listening Sound quality is good. Didn’t have a chance to test mic quality. There’s no way to adjust volume from the ear bud - but they are so small so it’s expected. Style is a bit big. They stick out of your ear a lot. You can feel like a Modern day Star Trek Uhura.

For $30 (reg $100) it’s a good deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2544 posts
399 upvotes
thx OP! got the ironman and spiderman headphones for my kids, got that glow in the dark for myself!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2390 posts
674 upvotes
Gta
BaDumTss wrote: Bought the altec lansing earbuds but had to return them because of the smell!!! The earbuds and the case smelled so toxic and so intensely that it made me gag and almost puke when using them.
How were you able to return an open boxed ear buds? Most places won’t take back any type of ear phones, buds etc once opened for hygienic reasons.
Koodo member
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2050 posts
1040 upvotes
rogerrabbit168 wrote: thx OP! got the ironman and spiderman headphones for my kids, got that glow in the dark for myself!
Exact same combo for me! LOL!
OP
Jan 2, 2013
315 posts
579 upvotes
Montreal
queenofhearts wrote: How were you able to return an open boxed ear buds? Most places won’t take back any type of ear phones, buds etc once opened for hygienic reasons.
Told them they stink and make me want to puke and they took them back.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5414 posts
3284 upvotes
M-Arkham
ManCaveGamer wrote: wow, the sound quality is pretty amazing out of these $9 spider man speakers!! with the clip it's basically a cheaper JBL Clip. going to put it on my bike, at this price I wouldnt get too angry if it was stolen
These should be more durable then the JBL clip.
xspectre wrote: Thanks OP.

The earbuds come with 20 something different ear tips and I spent 30 mins trying to find the best ones that fit. Listening Sound quality is good. Didn’t have a chance to test mic quality. There’s no way to adjust volume from the ear bud - but they are so small so it’s expected. Style is a bit big. They stick out of your ear a lot. You can feel like a Modern day Star Trek Uhura.
Double click on the earbud button and use google assistant to adjust volume, takes a bit getting used to, but not hard if you already use google home.

------

Picked up the altec lansing true evo sport and it's actually pretty darn good if you take off the original ear hook and slap on the ear fins, battery life had been decent, connection is solid, I like having an extra qi wireless charging pad I could use somewhere, audio quality is not the best if im comparing it to some of my better headphones, but they are definitey no slouch at $30, no connection drop when I was listening on it.
Very good at $30 if you compare to what else is on the market at $30
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $40 for 7Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide
Dec 8, 2019
87 posts
111 upvotes
kevinkuo wrote: Thanks OP, grabbed the ATH pair. Looks like a fun model to try out at this price!
Received them today - the clip is bulky and awkward, no aptX or AAC support, some audible white noise/hiss in background, and NC feature is pretty low-power/basic. Can see why no one bought them at the $150 MSRP lol

For $30 though, they sound pretty great (tad warm and muddy for my tastes, but not too bad) , and included Comply tips is a nice bonus. Keeping them as a backup pair~
Jan 16, 2011
371 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I actually grabbed the two different versions of the Altec Lansing Truly Wireless earbuds, figured its a decent brand at no name price so shouldn't be a bad deal.

Pro:
When it did work, bass was present when used in conjunction with comply foam tips but wasn't the clearest bass but acceptable for $30.

Cons:
Doesn't have multi pairing, which is inconvenient but can live with.
Right out of the box, the right earbud was dropping connection every few minutes.
Now, it (the right earbud) will only flash blue/red light when I put it in the charging case and will not turn on (when removed from charging case, it does not power on, pressing / holding down the button does not work either no light / sound what so ever)

Figured let me try contact support and see what they say - after wasting time on the phone repeating myself a few times, I was told I have to pay for shipping if I want to get warranty on these.

Going to return both sets (I only opened one) I am glad this broke so fast I actually get to bring it back to Best Buy since its defective within 30 days.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8718 posts
3677 upvotes
Toronto
hey does anyone have one of the baby boom speakers they don't want? it's really nice and i'd like another one for stereo sound. if i knew i needed to buy two for stereo sound i would've bought two tbh