Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

WD Easystore 18TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (WDBAMA0180HBK-NESE) $379.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 11:12 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 30, 2016
64 posts
50 upvotes

[Best Buy] WD Easystore 18TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (WDBAMA0180HBK-NESE) $379.99

incase 14TB wasn't enough for you
Last edited by daddyfatsacks on Dec 28th, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 11, 2009
925 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
The 12TB model is still the best bang for the buck at $19.17/TB ($230).
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
4047 posts
6703 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 96GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4208 posts
997 upvotes
GTA
Good price for the capacity. Once you're looking at this amount of storage you need to factor in $/bay as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4897 posts
2165 upvotes
Scarborough
ben35 wrote: The 12TB model is still the best bang for the buck at $19.17/TB ($230).
The 14TB model is still available for $260 which is slightly better value.
Newbie
Aug 9, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
Thanks. Good when running out of storage bays :)
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2018
136 posts
106 upvotes
These appear to be HC550s according to a few places...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/co ... o/gbynhgm/

Edit: The following was someone buying a bare drive and putting it into an enclosure, I misunderstood.

Use google translate for this: https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2286732-1-1.html
(If you're on mobile, use this link: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... 2-1-1.html)

Spec sheet can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/co ... o/gbyzlr7/
Last edited by Dannyboy3210 on Dec 28th, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1560 posts
604 upvotes
LifeLoveVancity wrote: One gotta wonder if white or red label inside

Update, welp, looks like it is white label =(

https://www.amazon.ca/Seagate-Expansion ... B088S9PWNM
cost more less space but it should be Seagate 16TB HDD Exos, which is Enterprise, Helium filled drive
White label means it's not SATA interface?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D

Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2018
136 posts
106 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: White label means it's not SATA interface?
White label pretty much means nothing afaik, just that they used to be red.
Newbie
Dec 8, 2020
47 posts
43 upvotes
No, just means it is a generic WD disk for desktop use
So like this. It is an unknown horse, as it can be rebranded WD Red or WD blue, I couldn't find a definitive answer
Thus said, white labels might require some modification to work with home PC if you shuck it.
So if you buy for intended use, I wouldn't worry about white label
It is only if you are planning to shuck it and use drive itself for something else.
Done that back in a day for a 2tb drive for PS4

Image

Sorry, I am squeezing years of debate into few lines in terms what is white label vs red
Newbie
Dec 8, 2020
47 posts
43 upvotes
Dannyboy3210 wrote: White label pretty much means nothing afaik, just that they used to be red.

Well, yes and no, I wouldn't say they used to be red. Software, Error checks are part of Red lineup and not always present in white label
Moreover, it can have pinout difference.
I can't be more specific as I only shacked WD Black P10, 2.5 inches. It had USB plug fused to HDD mobo so no way of reusing it inside PC
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2018
136 posts
106 upvotes
LifeLoveVancity wrote: Well, yes and no, I wouldn't say they used to be red. Software, Error checks are part of Red lineup and not always present in white label
Moreover, it can have pinout difference.
I can't be more specific as I only shacked WD Black P10, 2.5 inches. It had USB plug fused to HDD mobo so no way of reusing it inside PC
Ew, non shuckable ftl
Also, good to know, ty for the info dump
Newbie
Dec 8, 2020
47 posts
43 upvotes
Dannyboy3210 wrote: Ew, non shuckable ftl
Also, good to know, ty for the info dump
Yea I was sad and pissed, I imported that disk from USA only to open it to a stupid fused mobo with USB 3
After that I got really mad and bought an entire NAS system and put Seagate drives in it, haha
Jr. Member
Oct 27, 2018
136 posts
106 upvotes
LifeLoveVancity wrote: Yea I was sad and pissed, I imported that disk from USA only to open it to a stupid fused mobo with USB 3
After that I got really mad and bought an entire NAS system and put Seagate drives in it, haha
The ultimate **** you response, I like it!

Top