Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] WD My Passport SSD 512GB USB 3.1 External Solid State Drive - $119.99

[OP]
Banned
Aug 11, 2019
29 posts
130 upvotes

[Best Buy] WD My Passport SSD 512GB USB 3.1 External Solid State Drive - $119.99

I've been following the price of this ever since the beginning of the year. It's highly reviewed, silent, and looks good with USB 3.1 to boot.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4944 posts
7034 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure it's really good price for something that size...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
3438 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
max011 wrote: Not sure it's really good price for something that size...
SSDs are generally about speed and no moving parts instead of size.
Jan 7, 2007
18 posts
1 upvote
Coquitlam
the samsung has faster speed than the WD and build quality is also nicer.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
4944 posts
7034 upvotes
Vancouver
undacova wrote: SSDs are generally about speed and no moving parts instead of size.
I'm not all that stupid. I know difference between technologies. Just wander if this is a good price for the SSD drive of this size. And I believe it is NOT.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Nov 25, 2006
452 posts
262 upvotes
Samsung is a better deal. Value-wise, I'd get a cheap 1TB internal SSD and put it in an enclosure.