Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] White Available - Personal Safety Device $4.95 online - Lotus Personal Safety Wearable with Bluetooth Smart Speaker

Apr 11, 2020
99 posts
108 upvotes
I doubt you can do that. My kids are 7 and 4, so they don't go anywhere without either myself or my wife with them. They would work as walkie talkies for each kid to talk to the other, with the idea that each of the devices are paired to mine and my wife's phones. They could also easily talk to my parents or one of my sisters without using our phones directly. I think they have some fun potential and can't wait to mess around with them.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2020
198 posts
547 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote: How to use them as walker talkies without a cell phone ?
It should work as a bluetooth speaker so you will need a device. You could use an old mobile phone or tablet without a SIM card but with WIFI.

And try something like ZELLO push to talk. https://zello.com/

If you don't have real internet WIFI, you could connect the phones together via Hot Spot and use a "Local" app (NOT Cloud. ) I remember trying something called Intercom.
Jul 5, 2008
749 posts
442 upvotes
Windyt wrote: I doubt you can do that. My kids are 7 and 4, so they don't go anywhere without either myself or my wife with them. They would work as walkie talkies for each kid to talk to the other, with the idea that each of the devices are paired to mine and my wife's phones. They could also easily talk to my parents or one of my sisters without using our phones directly. I think they have some fun potential and can't wait to mess around with them.
Anywhere? Not even out to play with the neighborhood kids?
Jul 5, 2008
749 posts
442 upvotes
DanP wrote: I know your just trying to make a joke or farm up votes, but i don't think you understand what this product is for at all.
With 56 posts and 111 upvotes it looks like he's onto something. LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1291 posts
654 upvotes
wow.. this thing retailed for $129 (presumably USD)! Anyways, even at $5, if the company is out of business, how does this item work with no real app support? If nobody picked up this company, won't this thing be a paper weight in the not too distant future?
Penalty Box
Apr 14, 2019
805 posts
717 upvotes
ktkn wrote: wow.. this thing retailed for $129 (presumably USD)! Anyways, even at $5, if the company is out of business, how does this item work with no real app support? If nobody picked up this company, won't this thing be a paper weight in the not too distant future?
The app will work, for support just post here, like everybody else does vs googling it for themselves
$tay home, $ave lives, while the government rape$ the economy on behalf of billionaire$. It’$ not the principle, it’$ the MONEY!
Apr 11, 2020
99 posts
108 upvotes
shadowsteve wrote: Anywhere? Not even out to play with the neighborhood kids?
No not yet, and plus there are no kids nearby close to their ages.
Apr 11, 2020
99 posts
108 upvotes
Anybody get theirs and try them out yet? I got mine today, app installed, connected. I added a "guardian" which is one of the people you can quick call from the device (added wife), and it says it is pending, and that the person has to accept. Been 30 mins, she's received no email, or text messages asking for permission. I'll update on this soon as I learn more.

*Update*
Each guardian you add has to have the app installed on their phone, regardless if they have one of the Seam Lotus devices or not. I played with the device for about half an hour yesterday, and it is buggy to the point of being unusable. Each function is supposed to be triggered by different combinations of holds and presses of the 2 buttons that are on the device. Tapping both at the same time is supposed to trigger it to start recording a log (of eg. a trip), holding buttons is supposed to trigger an emergency call to your nearest guardian. In actual use, trying to make the emergency call will also trigger it to start recording a log, and SOMETIMES make the emergency call. I tried it a dozen times, i'd say 75% of the time it made the actual call. furthermore, there was also a delay when it did actually make the calls. I found my self looking at my phone repeatedly trying to check if a call was actually being made. Using the app, I had to repeatedly restart it to get things to refresh. Things like notifications would sometimes be unviewable unless I did the restart.
Call quality was actually pretty decent, and the device can be used with google assitant/alexa, works well enough.
All in all, I think I'm gonna return the ones I bought. If I had a headache with it then there's no way anybody else in my family will want to use them.