Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Xbox One S 1TB + Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition + Fallout 4 + Titanfall 2 + Kinect + Kinect Adapter $379

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2017 12:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Xbox One S 1TB + Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition + Fallout 4 + Titanfall 2 + Kinect + Kinect Adapter $379

Best Buy has a new bundle up for sale,

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xbo ... 08701.aspx?
Last edited by Guest2274885 on Aug 19th, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2707 posts
1811 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
So for 4k viewing, X Box One S or PS4 Pro? I have a Samsung 70" 4k but no HDR.

This one sounds very tempting though.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Member
May 5, 2009
378 posts
132 upvotes
Montreal
Probably wait a couple of days. They are announcing the Xbox One X pre order this weekend so I suspect lots of deals will be coming
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 14, 2009
2388 posts
3192 upvotes
Quebec
StealthFinder wrote: So for 4k viewing, X Box One S or PS4 Pro? I have a Samsung 70" 4k but no HDR.

This one sounds very tempting though.
The X1S actually has a 4k bluray player
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 17, 2007
501 posts
1721 upvotes
Canada
StealthFinder wrote: So for 4k viewing, X Box One S or PS4 Pro? I have a Samsung 70" 4k but no HDR.

This one sounds very tempting though.
I would go with the Xbox One S, between those two options. The PS4 Pro has more power, but isn't doing anything specific or special with it at this point, and is more expensive with no included games or accessories.

The Xbox One S isn't more powerful than the original Xbox One, but it does output to upscaled 4K and it also displays HDR content, if your TV can do it, which unfortunately yours cannot.

Uncharted 4 (for PS4), Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 (for Xbox One) are the most beautiful looking console games I've ever seen. At 4K with HDR Gears and Forza both gain an edge that lift them above anything else that can be found on a console, in my opinion.

And as stated above, The Xbox One S also has a 4K Blu Ray player which no PS4 unit does. This is a great, high quality 4K Blu Ray player and makes this purchase a no brainer if you're hoping to use your TV for 4K movies. Other 4K Blu Ray players are generally about this price anyway.

At this price, with this many games and accessories included, you are getting a brilliant deal. Kinect isn't a games device as much as another way to interact with your Xbox and your Media. As that kind of a device it is amazingly useful and makes the Xbox experience unique and smooth.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Either is good, this option, I believe, is better.
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 21, 2009
4109 posts
2134 upvotes
Niagara
AA7HBS wrote: I would go with the Xbox One S, between those two options. The PS4 Pro has more power, but isn't doing anything specific or special with it at this point, and is more expensive with no included games or accessories.

The Xbox One S isn't more powerful than the original Xbox One, but it does output to upscaled 4K and it also displays HDR content, if your TV can do it, which unfortunately yours cannot.

Uncharted 4 (for PS4), Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 (for Xbox One) are the most beautiful looking console games I've ever seen. At 4K with HDR Gears and Forza both gain an edge that lift them above anything else that can be found on a console, in my opinion.

And as stated above, The Xbox One S also has a 4K Blu Ray player which no PS4 unit does. This is a great, high quality 4K Blu Ray player and makes this purchase a no brainer if you're hoping to use your TV for 4K movies. Other 4K Blu Ray players are generally about this price anyway.

At this price, with this many games and accessories included, you are getting a brilliant deal. Kinect isn't a games device as much as another way to interact with your Xbox and your Media. As that kind of a device it is amazingly useful and makes the Xbox experience unique and smooth.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Either is good, this option, I believe, is better.
I've had an Xbox One S for a little while, and finally got around to connecting it to the 4K60 input on my 70" vizio. Was watching some Netflix and then playing Forza Horizon 3, and the TV was reporting the content coming in at 2160p (I didn't realize it upscales gameplay to 4K as well). But man, on a large screen it looked gorgeous.
Member
Apr 2, 2011
464 posts
350 upvotes
Montreal
joey003 wrote: I've had an Xbox One S for a little while, and finally got around to connecting it to the 4K60 input on my 70" vizio. Was watching some Netflix and then playing Forza Horizon 3, and the TV was reporting the content coming in at 2160p (I didn't realize it upscales gameplay to 4K as well). But man, on a large screen it looked gorgeous.
Combine this deal with promo buy 150$ egift card get back 15$ saving card on September 5th to be used between September 5th and 18th. Buy 2 and you'll have 30$.

https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/

This is a great deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
StealthFinder wrote: So for 4k viewing, X Box One S or PS4 Pro? I have a Samsung 70" 4k but no HDR.

This one sounds very tempting though.
I would get the PS4 Pro unless you only watch 4k on disc. PS4 Pro can still stream 4k HDR contents and has much larger and better game library. I own both and I am having hard time finding games to buy for my Xbox One S. The only games I bought for it were the ones that were cheaper than the PS4 version, i.e. Hitman, and the B2G1 Xbox One games deal for Mass Effect, Titanfall 2, and Doom. All of which are multi-platform games which I would still prefer the PS4 version.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
StealthFinder wrote: So for 4k viewing, X Box One S or PS4 Pro? I have a Samsung 70" 4k but no HDR.

This one sounds very tempting though.
For 4k viewing, Xbox One S, it's cheaper than a Pro and can stream everything 4K and has a 4K Blu Ray Player and even upscales games to 4K. But mainly for viewing, the Xbox One S just because you're paying more for a Pro to do the same thing and it's still missing a 4K Blu Ray Player.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
WL1980 wrote: I would get the PS4 Pro unless you only watch 4k on disc. PS4 Pro can still stream 4k HDR contents and has much larger and better game library. I own both and I am having hard time finding games to buy for my Xbox One S. The only games I bought for it were the ones that were cheaper than the PS4 version, i.e. Hitman, and the B2G1 Xbox One games deal for Mass Effect, Titanfall 2, and Doom. All of which are multi-platform games which I would still prefer the PS4 version.
He said for 4k viewing, so more for other stuff than gaming. You're saving so much money going for the One S. It streams everything 4k and has a 4k Blu Ray player. If you're main goal is for viewing, makes no sense to go for the pro. You're paying more and still not getting 4k Blu Ray Support. The One S can do 4k streaming, 4k Blu Rays and upscale to 4k for games and movies, much better value.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 9, 2013
1970 posts
1925 upvotes
Ottawa
The PS4 is undoubtedly the better gaming device. But the Xbox One S is a much better multimedia device. This is pretty much what the differences come down to.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2707 posts
1811 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
First of all, many thanks to all those that responded to my question. You guys are awesome with the level of detail provided. Each of you have been thanked. This is what RFD is all about. Helping each other with the strengths we have. THANK YOU.

It appears that for my application, The X Box One S is the way to go.
AA7HBS wrote: I would go with the Xbox One S, between those two options. The PS4 Pro has more power, but isn't doing anything specific or special with it at this point, and is more expensive with no included games or accessories.

The Xbox One S isn't more powerful than the original Xbox One, but it does output to upscaled 4K and it also displays HDR content, if your TV can do it, which unfortunately yours cannot.

Uncharted 4 (for PS4), Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 (for Xbox One) are the most beautiful looking console games I've ever seen. At 4K with HDR Gears and Forza both gain an edge that lift them above anything else that can be found on a console, in my opinion.

And as stated above, The Xbox One S also has a 4K Blu Ray player which no PS4 unit does. This is a great, high quality 4K Blu Ray player and makes this purchase a no brainer if you're hoping to use your TV for 4K movies. Other 4K Blu Ray players are generally about this price anyway.

At this price, with this many games and accessories included, you are getting a brilliant deal. Kinect isn't a games device as much as another way to interact with your Xbox and your Media. As that kind of a device it is amazingly useful and makes the Xbox experience unique and smooth.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Either is good, this option, I believe, is better.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2707 posts
1811 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Guyman, how does this work now? This X Box One S sale ends 24 August. If I understand this right:

1. Buy 2 $150 gift cards NOW.
2. Pay for the X Box One S with those gift cards.
3. (This part I am not clear about) Receive 2 x $15 gift cards on 5 Sept to be used up until 18 September.

Did I get this right?
Guyman wrote: Combine this deal with promo buy 150$ egift card get back 15$ saving card on September 5th to be used between September 5th and 18th. Buy 2 and you'll have 30$.

https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/

This is a great deal.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 6, 2007
2707 posts
1811 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
OK, I found the T's & C's for the Gift card purchase. Here they are:

$15 SAVINGS CODE OFFER

Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
$15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
Not valid if order is canceled.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Jr. Member
Dec 7, 2015
122 posts
213 upvotes
Edmonton
Just remember that the YouTube app on the Xbox one S maxes out at 1080p playback. Hopefully your TV has its own native YouTube app
Member
Apr 2, 2011
464 posts
350 upvotes
Montreal
The deal is in case you have something else you would want to buy.
Might as well get 30$ savings =)
StealthFinder wrote: OK, I found the T's & C's for the Gift card purchase. Here they are:

$15 SAVINGS CODE OFFER

Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
$15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
Not valid if order is canceled.
Member
Apr 2, 2011
464 posts
350 upvotes
Montreal
Nevermind guys. I think the savings card deal was seen on bestbuy USA.
Sorry
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 2, 2011
995 posts
334 upvotes
Edmonton
Can a person still get Optimum points at Shoppers on game consoles? Is it the 20x points day that you can take advantage of that on?
Newbie
Jul 16, 2012
24 posts
6 upvotes
Waterloo
Anyone know if BB does online rain checks ?

Top