[Best Buy] Xbox One Stereo Headset - $29,99

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 12:08 am
[OP]
Aug 24, 2008
65 posts
36 upvotes

[Best Buy] Xbox One Stereo Headset - $29,99

I needed cheap headset - seems decent enough - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/mi ... 5/10246482
Last edited by TomRFD on May 24th, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title
27 replies
Nov 25, 2014
172 posts
91 upvotes
QC
Good deal.

Just be aware that the headset put a lot of pressure on the ears/head if you got one on the big side like myself. So it's tough to use it for long gaming session without the hot ears/headache that can come with it.

Still a good product, especially for under 35$ taxes in.
Oct 28, 2012
792 posts
112 upvotes
EDMONTON
hope they got white one at the same price
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14438 posts
8829 upvotes
Toronto
Reviews say these are hot trash and to buy the geek squad extended warranty which makes it a cold deal. Are kiddies ripping these off their heads and smashing them to the floor after a game of Call of Duty or something?

Any comment to longevity please?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 17, 2015
79 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto, ON
koffey wrote: Reviews say these are hot trash and to buy the geek squad extended warranty which makes it a cold deal. Are kiddies ripping these off their heads and smashing them to the floor after a game of Call of Duty or something?

I had one for approx 4 years, never had any issues with quality until I sat on it while it was plugged in and the 3.5mm pin snapped. The sound is excellent and it works seamlessly with the Xbone controller.

The only issues I had with it were already mentioned and related to fit for people with larger heads, it gets very hot after about an hour of wear and fits very snugly. I sometimes wear glasses and it can be uncomfortable with the arms on the glasses pressed into the side of your brain.

For 30 bucks this is a good deal if you need an xbox one headset.

In for 1 thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6834 posts
5738 upvotes
North York
koffey wrote: Reviews say these are hot trash and to buy the geek squad extended warranty which makes it a cold deal. Are kiddies ripping these off their heads and smashing them to the floor after a game of Call of Duty or something?

bought 1 from calgary when it was around $40-50 few years back.
A little pressure over long period. But sounds were very good, and obviously just as good as, if not better than any of those Beats headphones back then for triple the price.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1220 posts
511 upvotes
Ottawa
Good deal, I have a set when I play while the baby or wife are sleeping. I find them comfortable and the sound is good for this price. My ears do get hot when wearing for extended periods of time but I usually take them off in between games of COD or whichever sports game i'm playing.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14438 posts
8829 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you all for your feedback, thanks op, in for a set.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1660 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
Can this be used on a PC at all???
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
[OP]
Aug 24, 2008
65 posts
36 upvotes
Yes works great on PC - just tried them - will give them a go on xbox later on-On pc was presently surprised in quality for price I paid - bought 2nd pair
[OP]
Aug 24, 2008
65 posts
36 upvotes
JoDragon wrote: Good deal.

Just be aware that the headset put a lot of pressure on the ears/head if you got one on the big side like myself. So it's tough to use it for long gaming session without the hot ears/headache that can come with it.

Still a good product, especially for under 35$ taxes in.
I have really nice full 7.4.4 Atmos home theater so these will just be for occasional MP with brother - I have never played online on xbox and just needed something so I could chat - seems perfect for task and cheap
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3739 posts
3758 upvotes
Alberta
Garyburns wrote: I have really nice full 7.4.4 Atmos home theater so these will just be for occasional MP with brother - I have never played online on xbox and just needed something so I could chat - seems perfect for task and cheap
Damn! 4 sub-woofers?
Jan 6, 2013
187 posts
221 upvotes
JONQUIERE
So nice find OP! But luckily its 35$+ for free ship.. so I check on Amazon and found them cheap turtle beach at 39.99$ and then I was like oh look those ones at 69.99$ and then I gave up because I started shopping for a new headset that I don't need... I know I have failed RFD on this one. Sorry guys.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3212 posts
385 upvotes
CALGARY
brunomarie wrote: So nice find OP! But luckily its 35$+ for free ship.. so I check on Amazon and found them cheap turtle beach at 39.99$ and then I was like oh look those ones at 69.99$ and then I gave up because I started shopping for a new headset that I don't need... I know I have failed RFD on this one. Sorry guys.
Yes, you failed many people including your English teacher.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.
Aug 4, 2008
28 posts
20 upvotes
Terrace
Will these headphones "loosen" up over time (especially those with big heads) ?? Or does the design of them not really loosen up ?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1316 posts
909 upvotes
Orleans, ON
I've had these for a long time (6 years?). I don't really use them anymore since I primarily used them for audio when my GF was sleeping, and I bought much better and more expensive headphones. That said, I do use the audio controller thing all the time. Everything has held up very well.
PS: I wear L/XL when it comes to sports helmets, so I guess I qualify as someone with a large head. I don't mind the pressure of the headphones. I do think they get a bit hot on the ear after a while though.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1316 posts
909 upvotes
Orleans, ON
stansz wrote: Will these headphones "loosen" up over time (especially those with big heads) ?? Or does the design of them not really loosen up ?
They never loosened up for me. Though, I suppose you could keep them on something wide to 'stretch' them out. I never tried that as I never felt they were too tight.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1965 posts
588 upvotes
Calgary
If anyone does not want the Xbox one headphone adapter and is willing to sell to me for a fair price (Shipped to me in Calgary which i will pay for), let me know.

I have given my kid an Original Xbox One with controllers that don't have headphone jacks, so been looking to get just the adapter.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3212 posts
385 upvotes
CALGARY
MafiaHitman wrote: If anyone does not want the Xbox one headphone adapter and is willing to sell to me for a fair price (Shipped to me in Calgary which i will pay for), let me know.

I have given my kid an Original Xbox One with controllers that don't have headphone jacks, so been looking to get just the adapter.
What is your fair price including shipping? I am in Calgary, might consider your offer.
  • To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil by evil is evil.
  • A sign of a person’s evil is his need to constantly argue.
Penalty Box
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
Eh with no fake surround sound not interested and I have gotten headsets cheaper than this of similar or better quality before. Still though OP thanks for sharing.