Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Xbox One X 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition Bundle - $379.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2020 9:23 pm
Banned
May 8, 2020
16 posts
33 upvotes
Is there a point getting into the Xbox ecosystem at this point when I've had a playstation 4 since launch and I have most multiplatform games?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2776 posts
2537 upvotes
Alberta
DanGogh wrote: Is there a point getting into the Xbox ecosystem at this point when I've had a playstation 4 since launch and I have most multiplatform games?
Yes. Game pass.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1789 posts
670 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Rockshocker wrote: Hi everyone, made an account finally so I can post.

Is there a way to check if shoppers has any of these in stock?

Now that I have decided the time is right to pick one up, I want it asap but don't want to drive around the province looking for one.
other than calling, no. we used to be able but they got wind of stocktrack because of some aholes here mentioning it and it got pulled
Sep 21, 2019
128 posts
81 upvotes
Where are the PS4 sales, xbox is done.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1789 posts
670 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Kagaho wrote: Where are the PS4 sales, xbox is done.
you'd have to ask Sony
Banned
May 8, 2020
16 posts
33 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Yes. Game pass.
I'm sorry, paying monthly fees to play old games makes a new system worth it?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2776 posts
2537 upvotes
Alberta
DanGogh wrote: I'm sorry, paying monthly fees to play old games makes a new system worth it?
Old games? All first party titles and many others releases are day 1 on game pass. Recently finished the Gears 5, new Ori, streets of rage 4. Gears tactics is out. Forza and Halo releases on day 1. It goes on. Rdr2 is now available. It's never ending games.
Oct 18, 2010
6 posts
4 upvotes
DanGogh wrote: I'm sorry, paying monthly fees to play old games makes a new system worth it?
:facepalm:
May 8, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
Burlington
sumtimw0ng wrote: other than calling, no. we used to be able but they got wind of stocktrack because of some aholes here mentioning it and it got pulled
Thanks, I called and they had 1 unit at the store with a slightly damaged box. The clerk was so helpful setting up my rewards card, he informed me that I earned around $115 worth of points just from that one purchase. So happy with it!
Jan 26, 2012
246 posts
389 upvotes
Quebec
Rockshocker wrote: Thanks, I called and they had 1 unit at the store with a slightly damaged box. The clerk was so helpful setting up my rewards card, he informed me that I earned around $115 worth of points just from that one purchase. So happy with it!
How much was it at SDM?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1110 posts
460 upvotes
Waterloo
Kagaho wrote: Where are the PS4 sales, xbox is done.
Why lower the price of PS4? Xbox is done, so PS4 (and Switch) are in high demand.
Mar 7, 2011
26 posts
8 upvotes
Brampton
I also want to add a pointer for anyone who may know someone with XBOX Ones
XBOX lets you game share
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/09-07- ... -live-gold

If you have someone you trust, family/close friend you essentially can pay 50/50 for all games/game pass/xbox live

You just have eachother xbox marked as home, you either just each buy a game and itll split or just pay eachother doesnt matter the point is you can essentially have it 50% off on games
digital ofc but its 2020.....
Banned
May 8, 2020
16 posts
33 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: Old games? All first party titles and many others releases are day 1 on game pass. Recently finished the Gears 5, new Ori, streets of rage 4. Gears tactics is out. Forza and Halo releases on day 1. It goes on. Rdr2 is now available. It's never ending games.
I just don't see it as a valid reason to spend $400 on a new system then when I'm already invested with my ps4 and can get PS Now. It's tempting to get but I'd like a reason to get into the system this late in the game.
I have zero inclination of getting the X series system.
Dec 29, 2010
104 posts
132 upvotes
DanGogh wrote: I just don't see it as a valid reason to spend $400 on a new system then when I'm already invested with my ps4 and can get PS Now. It's tempting to get but I'd like a reason to get into the system this late in the game.
I have zero inclination of getting the X series system.
Xbox has a bit better hardware than PS4. However, PS4 has better exclusives IMO. Regardless, Xbox also has some decent exclusives - gears, halo, etc, that will require a PC/Xbox if you like them. Game pass is also a great value for some games; I’ve played Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears 5, metro exodus, Ori and blind forest, Ori and the will of the forest, streets of rage, etc for way less than I would’ve paid on PS. I personally like both platforms but use a gaming PC to play both multi-platform and Xbox games since most Xbox titles are now being released to both PC/Xbox and I use PS5 for PS exclusives.

If you don’t care about the Xbox exclusives, there’s very little reason to get an Xbox. Another deciding factor is seeing which platforms your buddies have. Having fun with friends makes whatever platform more fun.
Sep 4, 2009
449 posts
199 upvotes
Calgary
Have both Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro. PS4 has excellent exclusives. Just top notch games that are insanely fun.

If the game is for both consoles, I’d rather play it on the One X. It just has better hardware. Games run better on it.

GamePass ultimate is just better than PSNow in every way. Just started RDR2 but they have a healthy selection of excellent games that rotate in and out frequently to keep it always fresh.

Personally, I like the different custom designs of the Xbox controllers and I own a few of the better designs. However, when playing the game, I prefer the feel of the PS4 controller.

Anyways, there’s a reason to own both. Both are unique and I switch between the both of them frequently. If I had to chose one though, I still prefer the PS4; the best exclusives period.
- Don't support hoarding. Do your research, decide on the price you want to pay for it. Don't ever pay more than that.