Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Xbox One X 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition Bundle - $379.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2020 9:23 pm
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1220 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
while[1];do;done wrote: Have both Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro. PS4 has excellent exclusives. Just top notch games that are insanely fun.

If the game is for both consoles, I’d rather play it on the One X. It just has better hardware. Games run better on it.

GamePass ultimate is just better than PSNow in every way. Just started RDR2 but they have a healthy selection of excellent games that rotate in and out frequently to keep it always fresh.
I also have both systems and strongly agree with these points. Re: PSNow, it's shocking how dated it looks and how clunky it is to navigate. And it used to be $100 a year? Madness.

I do wish Xbox had something like PS4's Share Play feature. It would be cool to pass the controller to a friend who's watching me get my ass beat in Streets of Rage 4.
Aug 5, 2017
95 posts
143 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: I also have both systems and strongly agree with these points. Re: PSNow, it's shocking how dated it looks and how clunky it is to navigate. And it used to be $100 a year? Madness.

I do wish Xbox had something like PS4's Share Play feature. It would be cool to pass the controller to a friend who's watching me get my ass beat in Streets of Rage 4.
You can do that using Xbox / mixer streaming.

The guide below shows you how to do it with two players.

https://watchbeam.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... _site=true
Aug 5, 2017
95 posts
143 upvotes
DanGogh wrote: I just don't see it as a valid reason to spend $400 on a new system then when I'm already invested with my ps4 and can get PS Now. It's tempting to get but I'd like a reason to get into the system this late in the game.
I have zero inclination of getting the X series system.
Then why exactly are you on this thread? No one should have to convince you to buy the console if you have zero interest in one. It’s clear you’re not interested in one so I don’t really see why you need to keep continuing the ps4 / Xbox argument.
Banned
May 8, 2020
16 posts
33 upvotes
lilc09 wrote: Then why exactly are you on this thread? No one should have to convince you to buy the console if you have zero interest in one. It’s clear you’re not interested in one so I don’t really see why you need to keep continuing the ps4 / Xbox argument.
Where did I say I had no interest? I'm here asking for advice. Someone commented saying the reason to get one was simply a monthly rental service. That isn't a reason for either system especially when I already have the PS4.
Not sure why that warrants a snarky response.
Nov 5, 2011
82 posts
42 upvotes
DanGogh wrote: I'm sorry, paying monthly fees to play old games makes a new system worth it?
There are a lot of recent games, including all Xbox originals available on day 1. And the best thing is that Game Pass is basically free when you already subscribe to Xbox Live Gold, when taking advantage of the Game Pass Ultimate conversion system.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1013 posts
98 upvotes
reptile wrote: There are a lot of recent games, including all Xbox originals available on day 1. And the best thing is that Game Pass is basically free when you already subscribe to Xbox Live Gold, when taking advantage of the Game Pass Ultimate conversion system.
Can you actually explain the ultimate game pass thing a bit? People tell me it's only $1 for game pass if you have Gold, but then I read there are some conversions as well? This seems quite confusing coming from a Playstation user lol.
Oct 17, 2012
208 posts
127 upvotes
Quebec
kazkira wrote: Can you actually explain the ultimate game pass thing a bit? People tell me it's only $1 for game pass if you have Gold, but then I read there are some conversions as well? This seems quite confusing coming from a Playstation user lol.
Everything is explained very well here: microsoft-store-xbox-game-pass-ultimate ... 1-2290218/

I just did it and it works flawlessly, took me about 5-10 minutes of my time.

Basically, you pay for gold and then for a dollar you can convert your gold time into Game Pass Ultimate (which includes gold)
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1013 posts
98 upvotes
EAK47x wrote: Everything is explained very well here: microsoft-store-xbox-game-pass-ultimate ... 1-2290218/

I just did it and it works flawlessly, took me about 5-10 minutes of my time.

Basically, you pay for gold and then for a dollar you can convert your gold time into Game Pass Ultimate (which includes gold)
Amazing! Thanks so much! Assuming the 33 months or so of GPU carries over to Series X and new first party games will come out on it too..that is truly a no brainer. Too bad I missed out on this deal cos I still have a ton of backlog to work through so hopefully this comes back on sale in the fall and the GPU deal is still valid till then.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2014 posts
1470 upvotes
Fredericton
DanGogh wrote: Where did I say I had no interest? I'm here asking for advice. Someone commented saying the reason to get one was simply a monthly rental service. That isn't a reason for either system especially when I already have the PS4.
Not sure why that warrants a snarky response.
As a launch day PS4 person who has never owned an Xbox One, it was simple for me:

1) The price was right, imo.
2) I wanted to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which means I should play Ori and the Blind Forest first, so there's 2 games that I can only play on an Xbox (my PC sucks and can't run the Oris)
3) Jedi Fallen Order was on my "I'll get it eventually" list, so that was an extra bonus.
4) Getting a cheapish ($60 at the time) 12-month Gold subscription and following the directions in the Game Pass Ultimate thread, I now have Game Pass Ultimate until mid-October 2021.
5) I can play a lot of other games I don't have on Game Pass.

That's my situation, but to each their own.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1789 posts
670 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kazkira wrote: Amazing! Thanks so much! Assuming the 33 months or so of GPU carries over to Series X and new first party games will come out on it too..that is truly a no brainer. Too bad I missed out on this deal cos I still have a ton of backlog to work through so hopefully this comes back on sale in the fall and the GPU deal is still valid till then.
GPU will carry over like every gold sub in the past would carry to next gen. what we don't know is if they'll raise the price of GPU once we're well into next gen so re-subbing could be pricier down the road
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2775 posts
2537 upvotes
Alberta
smuPoker wrote: As a launch day PS4 person who has never owned an Xbox One, it was simple for me:

1) The price was right, imo.
2) I wanted to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which means I should play Ori and the Blind Forest first, so there's 2 games that I can only play on an Xbox (my PC sucks and can't run the Oris)
3) Jedi Fallen Order was on my "I'll get it eventually" list, so that was an extra bonus.
4) Getting a cheapish ($60 at the time) 12-month Gold subscription and following the directions in the Game Pass Ultimate thread, I now have Game Pass Ultimate until mid-October 2021.
5) I can play a lot of other games I don't have on Game Pass.

That's my situation, but to each their own.
Both the Ori games are amazing. I've always meant to play the blind forest. I finished will of the wisps 100% when it was released and immediately finished the blind forest 100% after. They were two of the best games I've ever played. Super Metroid is my all time favorite, and these are two of the best metroidvania games IMO.
Jan 28, 2006
434 posts
228 upvotes
Brampton
Chandlerparsons wrote: Ordered, anyone know where to find cheap COD modern warfare game?
Shoppers Drug Mart with 20x the points. Then message me let's play BR warzone :) just for fun.
Oct 5, 2017
339 posts
101 upvotes
astigdealz wrote: Shoppers Drug Mart with 20x the points. Then message me let's play BR warzone :) just for fun.
Do I need to activate something?