[Best Buy] YMMV: Honeywell Lyric T5 Smart Thermostat - $99.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2019 8:32 pm
[OP]
May 31, 2005
273 posts
467 upvotes

[Best Buy] YMMV: Honeywell Lyric T5 Smart Thermostat - $99.97

Price drop courtesy of Price Dropper Canada. Only available for pickup though at some stores. In stock at Downsview and Markham locations for example at time of posting.
9 replies
Nov 7, 2018
92 posts
76 upvotes
Going to pass. Been eyeing the t5+ model with the common wire kit for a while for $130 and got excited for a moment.
Jan 13, 2017
18 posts
49 upvotes
If you live in Nova Scotia, and can find stock these are actually free. There is an instant $100 rebate via Efficiency Nova Scotia. I just scored 3 for free!
Mar 17, 2011
41 posts
54 upvotes
toronto
I got a brand new T5+ on clearance at home depot gerrard square a few weeks ago for $65

Stock tracker says they have one left at $71 right now
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1111 posts
976 upvotes
Vancouver
I have one, installed about 18 months ago, $99 at the time. I didn't have a C wire at my existing thermostat, but the easiest solution for me was just to run a new wire. I ended up moving the thermostat from the old location to what I feel is a better location, and also one where it was easier to run a new wire.

It works fine, but Honeywell could stand to make some improvements in their support infrastructure. It was a pain to set up due to difficulties in creating a Honeywell account and the long wait to get through to their support, and it goes offline in the app too frequently due to failure of Honeywell's internet service (not a WiFi issue - the thermostat is still reachable locally over the LAN and controllable by Home Assistant locally).
Mar 7, 2008
432 posts
103 upvotes
Leask
Price is definitely good.

I don’t have C Wire and doesn’t look like this Honeywell unit can do without C Wire.

Will wait for ecobee sale instead
Oct 28, 2012
12 posts
6 upvotes
VICTORIA
They need more of these smart products available for baseboard heat.

I hooked up a Nest using a transformer thingy, but that required putting in a larger box thingy behind the wall. Would be nice to have an all-in-one unit (Sinope is one, but it's interface isn't very flashy).
Sep 8, 2016
13 posts
8 upvotes
I would wait for T9 to be on sale as it can prioritize temperature to particular room, of course needs sensor to be placed in that room.
I'm happy with T5 how ever I'm missing above mentioned feature.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3333 posts
1338 upvotes
'Shwallywood
One thing about the lyric T5 and T5+ they do NOT have a decorative plate available in Canada. The plate itself is available on amazon, but its missing the back mount. It's very stupid cause I couldn't even order one in. That being said, if you are crafty, you can make it fit, albeit loosely.

https://www.amazon.ca/Honeywell-THP2400 ... B06XHDGBZR

It is supposedly a T6 plate, but on the recommended accessories or w.e this is what honeywell suggests
ithrifteveryday wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 11:17 pm
Going to pass. Been eyeing the t5+ model with the common wire kit for a while for $130 and got excited for a moment.
It does drop to $99 every once in a while.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Nov 16, 2015
340 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I use the geo fence feature on this and works well.