Best Cellphone Plan for 2nd Phone to Deal with Kijiji

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2020 5:38 pm
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
435 posts
72 upvotes

Best Cellphone Plan for 2nd Phone to Deal with Kijiji

I have a second phone, and will use that only for selling/buying on Kijiji.

I understand there are apps that provide you with a virtual phone number without a sim, but I'm not interested in that.

What sim/cell phone plan would you recommend? Month by month or prepaid plans are preferred. Thanks!
10 replies
Apr 10, 2020
258 posts
982 upvotes
dee88 wrote: I have a second phone, and will use that only for selling/buying on Kijiji.

I understand there are apps that provide you with a virtual phone number without a sim, but I'm not interested in that.

What sim/cell phone plan would you recommend? Month by month or prepaid plans are preferred. Thanks!
If you only want data, Lucky Mobile has a plan with 750MB of data (after registering automatic top-up) for $15. For calling and texting, both Public Mobile and Lucky Mobile offer a $15 plan with 100 minutes, unlimited text, and 250MB of data (with automatic top-up).
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Freedom Mobile $99/year for unlimited calling & texting.

Option # 2 is Freedom Mobile's $15 (postpaid) plan.

250MB LTE data, throttled to 2G speeds at 250MB (in the event sellers try to contact you via WhatsApp).
unlimited incoming calls, 100 outgoing minutes
unlimited texting.

PM & Lucky offer $15 plans with 250MB as well, but they shut you down at the end of 250MB.

Unlimited PM and Lucky, this FM plan is a postpaid plan (they'll do a credit check and etc...). If you're not cool with that, they have a $19 dollar plan that comes with 1GB data + unlimited calling and texting on prepaid.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2354 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
"Speak out" 7- Eleven Prepaid

$25 - $100 prepaid voucher and each fill up last 365 days.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21207 posts
2509 upvotes
Toronto
Another vote for public mobile talk n text plans...

Great coverage, only thing is no customer service but the online mods are great...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
435 posts
72 upvotes
Are they able to waive the $10 sim card fee when signing up with Speak Out or Public Mobile?

Is there a cheaper way to sign up? Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

(Also, feel free to DM me specific ways if you're not allowed to post it publicly *wink wink)
Dec 4, 2017
534 posts
229 upvotes
mobifree wrote: [... Freedom ...]
250MB LTE data, throttled to 2G speeds at 250MB (in the event sellers try to contact you via WhatsApp).
unlimited incoming calls, 100 outgoing minutes
unlimited texting.

PM & Lucky offer $15 plans with 250MB as well, but they shut you down at the end of 250MB.
If I understand Lucky Mobile's website correctly, their plan will also continue unlimited at 2G speed after the high speed data runs out. Can anyone with this plan confirm?
May 27, 2016
83 posts
54 upvotes
BC
dee88 wrote: Are they able to waive the $10 sim card fee when signing up with Speak Out or Public Mobile?

Is there a cheaper way to sign up? Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

(Also, feel free to DM me specific ways if you're not allowed to post it publicly *wink wink)
Speak Out is offering free sim with $35 top up purchase until May 5th.
Oct 9, 2008
68 posts
26 upvotes
If this is just a second line, why not use a free VoIP app on your existing phone?

Only need to carry one phone
Get a free local number with texting
Free!

Try TextNow or 2ndLine.
There are plenty of options out there.....