Travel

Best & cheapest option to Travel from Toronto to Tampa, Florida in Sept-Dec 2019

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 10:45 am
[OP]
Member
Nov 9, 2015
369 posts
36 upvotes
ON

Best & cheapest option to Travel from Toronto to Tampa, Florida in Sept-Dec 2019

Best & cheapest option to Travel from Toronto to Tampa, Florida in Sept-Dec 2019 for 2 adults, three small kids (1-5 year's old).

Drive, fly from Toronto or Fly from somewhere in USA ?
Kindly advice...
Thanks,
Be positive & stay blessed :)
25 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3868 posts
3139 upvotes
Sam wrote: Www.flyswoop.com
Cheapest
But will they get you there and back on time with no hassles?

swoop-westjets-joke-air-division-2297269/

Use ITA Matrix and price using the calendar (range of dates). I just ran it for October and it's doable for about $350 (Can) from YYZ, $250 (US) from BUF (which isn't much cheaper).
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Jul 19th, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
Sr. Member
Apr 19, 2017
839 posts
651 upvotes
Dont forget to purchase travel insurance.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1069 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
sh8wh4sg wrote: Best & cheapest option to Travel from Toronto to Tampa, Florida in Sept-Dec 2019 for 2 adults, three small kids (1-5 year's old).
Drive. Keep the kids entertained while driving. When you get there you'll already have your vehicle and won't need to rent a car to get around.
[OP]
Member
Nov 9, 2015
369 posts
36 upvotes
ON
Cavegirl wrote: Drive. Keep the kids entertained while driving. When you get there you'll already have your vehicle and won't need to rent a car to get around.
But my youngest one is just 7 months old, other's are 3 & 5 ! Do you think its a good idea to drive ?
Be positive & stay blessed :)
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3868 posts
3139 upvotes
sh8wh4sg wrote: But my youngest one is just 7 months old, other's are 3 & 5 ! Do you think its a good idea to drive ?
I would think dragging 3 young kids and all their equipment (luggage, strollers, diaper bags, etc) through airports (especially security, and worse if you have to change planes somewhere with a tight connection) would be hell...
The major advantage of flying is the time, since that's a 2 day drive minimum.

If you only have a small car maybe you'd want to rent a larger vehicle (full size, if not SUV/crossover -- but check the rates, some agencies won't let you take larger vehicles out of country or limit your miles on them) for such a trip. That might be a better way to spend your money rather than on flights.
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
[OP]
Member
Nov 9, 2015
369 posts
36 upvotes
ON
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: I would think dragging 3 young kids and all their equipment (luggage, strollers, diaper bags, etc) through airports (especially security, and worse if you have to change planes somewhere with a tight connection) would be hell...
The major advantage of flying is the time, since that's a 2 day drive minimum.

If you only have a small car maybe you'd want to rent a larger vehicle (full size, if not SUV/crossover -- but check the rates, some agencies won't let you take larger vehicles out of country or limit your miles on them) for such a trip. That might be a better way to spend your money rather than on flights.
We have a Dodge caravan :)
Be positive & stay blessed :)
[OP]
Member
Nov 9, 2015
369 posts
36 upvotes
ON
If i'm planing to drive , whats the best route and where can we take some sight seeing and halt, any recommendations ?
Be positive & stay blessed :)
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
24122 posts
2977 upvotes
Montreal
Fly to FLL. Rent a car from there.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3868 posts
3139 upvotes
mr_raider wrote: Fly to FLL. Rent a car from there.
The OP is going to Tampa not Miami! I don't think he would want to tack on a 4 hour drive from FLL to TPA after flying in....
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3868 posts
3139 upvotes
sh8wh4sg wrote: We have a Dodge caravan :)
Problem solved... as long as you don't mind spending 2 days each way driving...
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3868 posts
3139 upvotes
sandeep8g wrote: Dont forget to purchase travel insurance.
Must you repeat that same post in every thread? You getting paid by the insurance companies to shill for them?
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
Sr. Member
Apr 19, 2017
839 posts
651 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Must you repeat that same post in every thread? You getting paid by the insurance companies to shill for them?
Friendly reminder. What's your problem?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5289 posts
1353 upvotes
Ottawa
As far as the price, you'll have to shop around and look for seat sales but from my experience, it's typically much cheaper to fly from the US (i.e. probably Niagara or Rochester for you). And with kids that age, I would look for a direct flight.

We typically fly discount airlines like Allegiant or Frontier (I'm in Ottawa so we typically fly from OGS, SYR or PBG). Remember to factor in all the extra costs (although I think pretty much all airlines charge for luggage and seat selection now).

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)