Shopping Discussion

Best Company to Import Purchases from US?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 6:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1056 posts
275 upvotes

Best Company to Import Purchases from US?

There are a few sites that only ship to the US or charge a crazy amount to ship to Canada. I wanted to look into a reshipping site that gives you a US mailing address and then brings the items over for you. I am in Toronto and looking for recommendations. I would only be doing this about 5-10x per year.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2550 posts
1197 upvotes
Surrey
Any recommendation for Vancouver area?
Nov 12, 2012
557 posts
244 upvotes
Port Moody
I really wish they would just open the borders again! I have so many packages from the spring that have been sitting at my pick up place for over 6 months. It will cost more than they're worth to have them forwarded, so there they will sit probably for another 6 months or longer. I think some of my Skincare items will have expired by the time i pick them up! Ugh!
Apr 30, 2013
77 posts
34 upvotes
paaji wrote: Any recommendation for Vancouver area?
I received an email from Package Express that they are forwarding to Canada now. I've used their pickup service in Sumas before but haven't tried the forwarding. Prices are kinda expensive but may still be worth it if you can get a good deal in the states or can't buy the item in Canada.

You can get a more exact quote on their site, but here's a general price list:
8 oz or less - $18.00
2 lbs or less - $27.00
3 lbs or less - $38.00
4 lbs or less - $56.00
5 lbs or less - $62.00
10 lbs or less - $78.00
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1353 posts
1220 upvotes
Toronto
GPS wrote: There are a few sites that only ship to the US or charge a crazy amount to ship to Canada. I wanted to look into a reshipping site that gives you a US mailing address and then brings the items over for you. I am in Toronto and looking for recommendations. I would only be doing this about 5-10x per year.
PointsHubby wrote: Already several threads on this topic

Cross Border Pickups is by far the most popular for folks in the GTA
anyone-try-crossborderpickup-1736435/
For GTA there is also Shippsy:
anyone-try-shippsy-2394939/
Nov 15, 2008
142 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
LiquoriceTea wrote: I received an email from Package Express that they are forwarding to Canada now. I've used their pickup service in Sumas before but haven't tried the forwarding. Prices are kinda expensive but may still be worth it if you can get a good deal in the states or can't buy the item in Canada.

You can get a more exact quote on their site, but here's a general price list:
8 oz or less - $18.00
2 lbs or less - $27.00
3 lbs or less - $38.00
4 lbs or less - $56.00
5 lbs or less - $62.00
10 lbs or less - $78.00
Thanks for sharing this. Prices are indeed steep, though. I think one would be better off going with one of the established shippers, ideally in a state with no sales tax to at least save on that. I've been pricing packages at 4 and 5 pounds and am getting better rates than what's listed above.
Nov 15, 2008
142 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
paaji wrote: Any recommendation for Vancouver area?
Both shippsy and the CBP will ship across Canada. CBP's price is super (suspiciously??) low, but their service has declined, it seems, so I'm looking at shippsy. They don't have an estimator for costs, though.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2546 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
man... USD to CAD rate suuuuuuucks! we're only at 76 cents per $1 USD..