• Nov 20th, 2019 12:57 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 4, 2008
538 posts
93 upvotes
BC

Best cordless vaccum?

Any suggestions and/or experiences on which/with cordless vaccums? Don't really want to spend more than $200...currently have a Miele cannister one but considering buying a cordless for how convenient.

Thanks!
21 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
I bought a Ryobi that runs off the "standard" batteries mostly because I've killed a bunch of stick vac's batteries. No complaints.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2849 posts
1635 upvotes
I am interested in this too. Looking for cordless and light.
Got that Fido Account!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2229 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
I found the Dyson cordless vacuums to be really good. You might be able to get a good refurbished one from their eBay site but I don't remember the prices when they're on sale. The model will be like V7B or something like that. The B is supposed to mean refurbished.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2754 posts
2351 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I actually want a product that doesn't exist. I wish someone make a cordless stick vancum that is bagged, instead of Bagless. I just hate those hairs that need to pull out by hand.
Last edited by cheapshopper on Oct 31st, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
[OP]
Mar 4, 2008
538 posts
93 upvotes
BC
cheapshopper wrote: I actually want a product that doesn't exist. I wish someone make a cordless stick vancum that is bag, instead of Bagless. I just hate those hairs that need to pull out by hand.
I was thinking the same thing....
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
1419 posts
236 upvotes
Grimsby
I have a Rival, cordless, batteryless and bagless. Twenty years old, made in Australia but the big thing is it easily goes under my bed and other furniture. Great machine.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1919 posts
753 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ds2chan wrote: I found the Dyson cordless vacuums to be really good. You might be able to get a good refurbished one from their eBay site but I don't remember the prices when they're on sale. The model will be like V7B or something like that. The B is supposed to mean refurbished.
I bought a refurb Dyson unit off the Dyson store on eBay a year and a half go. It's still going strong and I love it. Suction power is awesome (2 settings) and it picks up everything. I think it was $269 refurb. Well worth it. When there is a deal the deal is sometimes posted on the Hot Deals forum.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4500 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
death_hawk wrote: I bought a Ryobi that runs off the "standard" batteries mostly because I've killed a bunch of stick vac's batteries. No complaints.
Which one is this? I was thinking of getting the one that runs off the tool batteries
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2730 posts
904 upvotes
Windsor
DDHLeigh wrote: I bought a refurb Dyson unit off the Dyson store on eBay a year and a half go. It's still going strong and I love it. Suction power is awesome (2 settings) and it picks up everything. I think it was $269 refurb. Well worth it. When there is a deal the deal is sometimes posted on the Hot Deals forum.
Similar experience as DDHLeigh; bought a Dyson refurb off their eBay store. It's no match for my real canister vacuum, but the convenience of it is such that I never use the big vacuum at all anymore.

One gripe is battery charge time isn't fantastic on mine (I believe it's a V7B). While it runs for about 8 minutes on high with the beater bar attachment (acceptable for my use-case), it takes like 4 hours to recharge to full again; crazy. Would have LOVED a detachable battery, but that would make too much sense.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1093 posts
1208 upvotes
I got the shark duo clean one that had a deal last year on rfd. It’s been awesome. A lot cheaper than Dyson, just as powerful. Easy to clean.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4339 posts
711 upvotes
Waterloo
JimboD wrote: I was thinking the same thing....
youre kindda 15years too late. 10 years ago there were some of those available. you might still find some in thrift stores.
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2849 posts
1635 upvotes
im looking for one that can deal with lots of long hairs, my wife sheds like a dog lol
Got that Fido Account!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: Which one is this? I was thinking of getting the one that runs off the tool batteries
Model is P718K
$200 including a 4ah battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4596 posts
1577 upvotes
For those are interested in a Dyson, The Bay has the Dyson V8 Animal Extra Cordless Stick Vacuum on sale today for $379.99 ($599.99 reg.).
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.