• Jul 8th, 2021 8:32 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2020
2720 posts
1956 upvotes

Best credit card for additional benefits

Hi folks,

What's your fave credit card for additional benefits e.g. cash back, extended purchase protection, travel insurance etc.

My card is Scotiabank Momentum Infinite Visa for the cash back.
It also doubles manufacturer warranties.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
18658 posts
5442 upvotes
Scarberia
itemsale2003 wrote: Free Netflix & Spotify not to mention great cashback if you can deposit $5k for 6 months:

https://crypto.com/cards
nice e ccs! do they verify income on those cards or its just how much u can stake, nm its just prepaid cards?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1296 posts
440 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: nice e ccs! do they verify income on those cards or its just how much u can stake, nm its just prepaid cards?
I am still in the process of applying so not sure. There is a RFD thread on this card will post here if I find it
Oct 26, 2020
16 posts
16 upvotes
Was scrolling through some old posts and saw this – the extra perks you can get with a credit card is one of my favourite topics.

If you're looking for the ultimate card for perks, the Amex Platinum always comes to mind first and foremost. I mean, the card has a $699 annual fee – it has to have a lot of stuff going for it.

I'll name a few of my favourite perks (this card is literally packed full with it):
- $200 annual travel credit
- Unlimited free access to lounges worldwide
- the thing even has cruise privileges (up to $300 in shipboard credits)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. This article does a more thorough job than I could at explaining the major perks. But there's no question in my mind that this card annihilates every other card in Canada when it comes to perks.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
3049 posts
1735 upvotes
Ottawa
itemsale2003 wrote: Free Netflix & Spotify not to mention great cashback if you can deposit $5k for 6 months:

https://crypto.com/cards
This is not a credit card but an investment. A highly risky one. The fact they can give you $20 a month in free stuff should tell you that.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4172 posts
1829 upvotes
Quebec
fogetmylogin wrote: This is not a credit card but an investment. A highly risky one. The fact they can give you $20 a month in free stuff should tell you that.
what can go wrong? 5k and they give you 20$ a month. love it!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
3049 posts
1735 upvotes
Ottawa
HyperTech wrote: what can go wrong? 5k and they give you 20$ a month. love it!
Sarcasm? You have to buy $5000 of their made up token (granted all Crypto was made up at one point) and lock it in for 6 months minimum.