Tags:
None
Dec 24, 2010
358 posts
827 upvotes
Toronto

Best Deal on Headphones?

Hey,

Looking to score some nice in-ear headphones/earbuds. I know the source has the $25 pair of panasonic ear buds on for $10. Has anyone else seen any other deals like this that are actually worth spending money on? I have seen the Monster Turbines on sale at FS (maybe BB) for $80, but have heard that these are not that great (especially for the price). (whats your opinion?)

Anyone know of any deals for the in-ear headphones that are of good quality and a great deal this boxing day?

Thanks for any help and advice on buying some headphones.
6 replies
Dec 24, 2010
358 posts
827 upvotes
Toronto
anyone? any help is appreciated
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2008
1754 posts
493 upvotes
I got the Zagg Smartbuds, which are decent... for $25 after the 50% off coupon they had floating around...
Feb 5, 2008
21 posts
7 upvotes
BB has the Shure SE310 on sale for $199.99 ($130 off). I remember I paid that much for my SE210's a couple years ago and I love them. Don't know if that's in your price range though.
Dec 24, 2010
358 posts
827 upvotes
Toronto
thanks, ya i have tested a pair of shure's and u cant hear a thing besides the music

my price range is about 30-50$

how is the sound quality on zaggs? seems like their only selling point is the cord (atleast on their website)
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
depends on your taste in music really, your budget is a little bit tight though and honestly most big retailers that have sales on boxing day carries crap. I do have the monster turbines myself but I find them uncomfortable for long term wear and the cable on it is absolute crap, although they are fairly decent sounding and received rave reviews at the time.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478 ... st_6492059

picking through this list the PL50 might work for you, my friend ordered it and it is indeed one of the most comfortable if not the most comfortable IEM out there. A while back Mee electronics was having a sale and a lot of people got on that band wagon for M6/M9/M11, I got my M6 and I'm still trying to figure out the best tip to use etc and it's far from perfect, but I guess I shouldn't expect the world for 20 bucks.

if you're willing to live with earbuds though

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/237 ... ion-thread

this will beat the pants off your stock earbuds... yet seems like it's got build quality problems
Oct 3, 2008
405 posts
140 upvotes
Canada
got the bose IE2 from best buy online for 70$ on sale from 130$

I was specifically looking for headphones and those caught my eye at a decent price.