Automotive

Best dealership to sell used Audi 2010 A5? (GTA)

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2017 11:48 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2019 posts
52 upvotes

Best dealership to sell used Audi 2010 A5? (GTA)

I'm a bit antsy to sell privately due to safety issues even though I know I could get more for my car. It has a sizeable and a very minor accident logged on its history (both were not my fault :(

Any dealerships in the GTA that you would suggest I go to, for a better cash value than a private sale.

I wonder if I should have traded it in when I got my leased car recently.

Thanks,
7 replies
Dec 19, 2010
731 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
how many km, what were the accident damage repair costs, manual/automatic?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24483 posts
9407 upvotes
Toronto
unfortunately dealers will likely take advantage of your situation and low ball you. Also, your 8 model years old car may not be too welcomed for some of the dealers, just so you know.
Apr 17, 2015
493 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I cant imagine any dealer cutting you a fair deal, let alone a good one if your not buying/leasing something new from them.

To start, 2010 audi's are not particularly desirable and ones with accidents are even less desirable as not many "branded" dealers will want this sitting on their lot.. If its bought by a dealer, it will be put on a truck the next day to be sent to the auctions so that It can end up on one of the "best bro" used dealer lots.

Your best bet is private as-is sale, but maybe try NTA public auction that will consighn your carand sell it via auction for a fee.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19180 posts
4259 upvotes
Thornhill
I'd imagine you'll get more money if using a car broker then at the dealer. Of course, private will get you the most. Why not meet up with private seller at a local police station? Just go in and tell them why you'll be in their parking lot, I'm sure they'll be okay with it.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10304 posts
2594 upvotes
Markham
coriolis wrote:
May 1st, 2017 9:10 am
I'd imagine you'll get more money if using a car broker then at the dealer. Of course, private will get you the most. Why not meet up with private seller at a local police station? Just go in and tell them why you'll be in their parking lot, I'm sure they'll be okay with it.
How about if the potential buyer ask for a test drive.
If OP is concern about safety, that could be a huge problem.

IMO, perhaps bring a friend with him/her?
A lot buyer do the same, they bring a second person, rather the gf, their daddy or something that is more knowledge about car to look at some common issues.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3464 posts
2676 upvotes
Oakville, ON
aokec wrote:
Apr 30th, 2017 8:35 pm
I'm a bit antsy to sell privately due to safety issues even though I know I could get more for my car. It has a sizeable and a very minor accident logged on its history (both were not my fault :(

Any dealerships in the GTA that you would suggest I go to, for a better cash value than a private sale.

I wonder if I should have traded it in when I got my leased car recently.

Thanks,
Yes - if you were concerned about selling privately, then the best window of opportunity to do something with a dealer would have been when you were negotiating the lease. At that time, they'd probably have given you more then compared to what they'd offer now.

As others have said, you should reconsider trying to sell privately. There are ways to make it safer such as having a friend with you and meeting at a police station, etc.

Hard to really tell you better advice though unless you tell us the Year, Make, Model, Mileage, and the amount of the repaired damages.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11748 posts
11359 upvotes
Oakville
You could try with these guys. Webuyurride.com
They'll likely give you a price in between the dealer and private seller. Personally I'd go private. Safety concerns are overblown because of the one Bosma case. If you are afraid, have a buddy with you at the police station. Tell them they can each drive the car, but only one at a time. Make sure you record their phone and license info and have their own insurance.

Here's my experience with them.
webuyurride-com-review-experience-20910 ... #p27673928