• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 8:48 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2009
70 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo

Best dishwasher under 800 at BestBuy?

I have a 600 dollar gift card with BestBuy and I would like to use it to buy a dishwasher.

Do you guys have any recommendations on decent dishwashers less than 800? Also, is it possible to negotiate the cost in terms of shipping, haul away and installation?
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
Bosch 100 Series.

NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG APPLIANCE!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
The first one is inside your budget, the second two are above it and the only addition is an extra rack (which is worth it if you can afford it). If you NEED it now then go for the first one, if you can wait any length of time you might get a 300 series for under $800 on sale.

EDIT : Oh and wait for some more feedback, I might be missing something...
Jul 17, 2010
339 posts
369 upvotes
Is your company enrolled in work perk program like perkopolis? You can get Bosch 100 SS for 575 or 300 SS for 725 or 500 SS for 860

If you do, might be cheaper to sell the best buy credit for cash and buy from Bosch perk program instead. If not, wait for sale at best buy.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2009
70 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo
bundy5555 wrote: Is your company enrolled in work perk program like perkopolis? You can get Bosch 100 SS for 575 or 300 SS for 725 or 500 SS for 860

If you do, might be cheaper to sell the best buy credit for cash and buy from Bosch perk program instead. If not, wait for sale at best buy.
How do I sell best buy gift cards for cash?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
stupidity wrote: How do I sell best buy gift cards for cash?
There is a BuySellTrade section of this forum. You'd have to offer a discount though so you wouldn't probably get the whole $600
[OP]
Oct 27, 2009
70 posts
15 upvotes
Waterloo
kr0zet wrote: There is a BuySellTrade section of this forum. You'd have to offer a discount though so you wouldn't probably get the whole $600
The only issue I have with buying directly from Bosch via Perkopolis is that Bosch doesn't offer to haul away the old dishwasher.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7370 posts
3082 upvotes
stupidity wrote: The only issue I have with buying directly from Bosch via Perkopolis is that Bosch doesn't offer to haul away the old dishwasher.
You'd have to disconnect the dishwasher for haul away. And if you're willing to do that, dishwasher is pretty light and easy to move. Two people could easily put it on the curb.

Another vote for Bosch too.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3507 posts
994 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
bundy5555 wrote: Is your company enrolled in work perk program like perkopolis? You can get Bosch 100 SS for 575 or 300 SS for 725 or 500 SS for 860

Holy crap thank you. i'm in the market now and was going to wait for a sale. perkopolis prices (about 30% off) are great.

but what is the difference between 300 and 500 series? 100 is louder. 800 is quieter. but i can't really tell why there is a 300 and 500 difference?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
Kevinck wrote: Holy crap thank you. i'm in the market now and was going to wait for a sale. perkopolis prices (about 30% off) are great.

but what is the difference between 300 and 500 series? 100 is louder. 800 is quieter. but i can't really tell why there is a 300 and 500 difference?
As you move up the product range they are built differently. Lower models have plastic tubs vs stainless steel in higher models, basic circuit boards vs conformal coated boards, better sound proofing as you move up the range... Generally with Bosch, a 100 series is good but basic unit that will last awhile, a 300 is where most people start and a 500 is the best option. Once you get past the 500 series the extra features don't justify the price and it makes more sense to move too a Miele at that price point.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1201 posts
805 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
The highest rated dishwasher of all dishwashers of any brand according to Consumer Reports are their lowest priced Ascenta models, the ones with the plastic bottom along with their 100 series. Nearly all of their models perform excellent so there is no reason other than more features you may want or not want to move on up. I have the Ascenta and it works great and is very quiet. It doesn't have the 3rd rack of salt dispenser but don't need those. If you do, then move up the ladder.
About the plastic bottom, it in no way affects the performance, it doesn't get all dirty and stinky, it really makes no difference from what I've found having had all stainless interiors numerous times in the past.
THese models even score higher than more expensive brands like Miele.. I don't know why some people equate a higher price to better quality, reliability, or washing performance. The stats certainly don't back that up. And yes I've had an expensive Miele.It was a good dishwasher but it didn't wash dishes any better than the current Bosch ascenta plain and simple. It did dry better but then if that is an important feature there are Bosch models as well higher up that dry dishes better for less than the price of a Miele.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1392 posts
155 upvotes
Toronto
Another vote for Bosch! My Bosch dishwater has been going strong for 7 years.

And agreed on never buying Samsung! I had a 2 year Samsung fridge...broke. A 1.5 year old Samsung TV...broke. Never again.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13082 posts
4169 upvotes
GTA
We just replaced our 11yo Bosch, served us well, did have a major repair but I had bought the ext warranty and it failed with a month left on that, phew. A few smaller repairs incl a leaked seal, but I fixed them myself quite easily and I'm not the handiest in the world :)

Decided to go with a Maytag this time, cleans the same, dries way better, we'll see how it goes.
This one https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ma ... l/14765738

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3507 posts
994 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
My main reason for upgrading is for the quietness. My dishwasher is very close to the couch in our open concept house and any noise is starting to annoy me while watching tv. I've listened to friend's unit which is rated at 48db and another at 45. I definitely want/need 45 or below.

Bah. The special employee/perkopolis bosch site has very good prices but doesn't have the newest 500 series with the auto open drying feature. If they did i'd be jumping on that.
Since they don't, i'm contemplating the 800 series. Perkopolis price makes it at least possible vs retail price.. too many decisions.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1646 posts
201 upvotes
Toronto
just get that cutlery tray. its amazing. makes the dishwasher feel way bigger.
Jul 17, 2010
339 posts
369 upvotes
Kevinck wrote: My main reason for upgrading is for the quietness. My dishwasher is very close to the couch in our open concept house and any noise is starting to annoy me while watching tv. I've listened to friend's unit which is rated at 48db and another at 45. I definitely want/need 45 or below.

Bah. The special employee/perkopolis bosch site has very good prices but doesn't have the newest 500 series with the auto open drying feature. If they did i'd be jumping on that.
Since they don't, i'm contemplating the 800 series. Perkopolis price makes it at least possible vs retail price.. too many decisions.

It has. It will not appear if you view the 500 series only. You have to select view all dishwasher and find the 500 model with auto open. It is about 975.
Sep 28, 2012
222 posts
109 upvotes
Mississauga
I have Bosch 300 series. Super quiet and excellent machine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)