• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 8:20 pm
[OP]
Feb 15, 2014
141 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto

Best Face Mask for Glasses Wearers

Does anyone have any suggestions for face masks that are comfortable to wear and good for people with glasses (i.e., prevents fogging)?
24 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19444 posts
22562 upvotes
GTA
Whatever has a strong nose piece to mold to you nose. A true N95 mask often has extra material there to properly seal around your nose.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
Feb 15, 2014
141 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, do you have any suggestions for ones you’ve personally used?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19079 posts
17408 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
Worse is to have oversized glasses with the mask. Just a terrible experience wearing masks.
Jun 10, 2016
486 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
I've been wearing a mask with safety glasses at work and figured out that the best thing you can do is make sure the mask (if its a medical one) is up all the way and has a good seal and the glasses sit over top of it (otherwise they fog up like crazy). Also try using just a drop of murphy's soap oil on the glasses - helps to prevent fogging.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4976 posts
3261 upvotes
I'm still looking for some made in Vietnam 4 ply masks which were sold out. They said on the box anti-fog on the labels.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1616 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
I've used several types of surgical masks with glasses, and I found that fogging occurs the least with masks that have a thing foam strip along the top edge (that helps seal it against your face). However, they don't seem too common, so not sure how easy it would be to find.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1227 upvotes
Put the mask on and then your glasses, a good nose fit and have your glasses overlap over the mask.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5717 posts
5390 upvotes
Vancouver
Any of the 3M Aura series of N95 respirators.

They’re made using a three panel design with the top panel being embossed. Basically eliminates fogging.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9972 posts
7903 upvotes
Kootenays
Spinner wrote: Any of the 3M Aura series of N95 respirators.

They’re made using a three panel design with the top panel being embossed. Basically eliminates fogging.

Masks with exhaust valves do not help protect your fellow citizens from virus you may be breathing out, whether they're N95 or not.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
5717 posts
5390 upvotes
Vancouver
Consumers can also buy surgical N95 from 3M without the exhaust value.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
5966 posts
1422 upvotes
GTA
Spinner wrote: Consumers can also buy surgical N95 from 3M without the exhaust value.

I had those, very expensive (like $3 each) even before the outbreak. And the seal is quite good that you could have trouble breathing for wearing extended period.

Maybe just wear a safety goggle on top of the prescription glass.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2058 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
Ojam wrote: Put the mask on and then your glasses, a good nose fit and have your glasses overlap over the mask.
+1
I find that helps a lot. It doesn't eliminate the fog but reduces it a great deal
Dec 24, 2012
71 posts
98 upvotes
HALIFAX
I use a Level 3 mask and find folding a Kleenex at the nose portion prevents fogging every time.
Sep 5, 2017
473 posts
246 upvotes
smacd wrote: Masks with exhaust valves do not help protect your fellow citizens from virus you may be breathing out, whether they're N95 or not.
You sure on that? It's got a filter... Filters must be at least as good as any standard paper mask as far as protecting others... It's not a blank open hole?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11081 posts
4333 upvotes
Don't fuss about it too much. I wear glasses and can't stand the masks without that nose clip. However I also have fashion masks with no clip and when I decide to wear them I just suck it up for the 30 minutes or so when shopping. It's not like we are mandated to wear them 24/7.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
12815 posts
2916 upvotes
Toronto
smacd wrote: Masks with exhaust valves do not help protect your fellow citizens from virus you may be breathing out, whether they're N95 or not.
Looks like you're still stuck in May 2020. Basic coverings are effective and that includes masks with valves.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11748 posts
2602 upvotes
Are you sure about this? The valve may not serve the purpose to protect "others" from my understanding but I didn't really research on this. From my understanding, the valve is to make the user breathing out easier (useful for industrial use, people with ashthma or other health conditions...), People in the projectile of the exhale vent are in high risk in theory. Just my guess...
at1212b wrote: Looks like you're still stuck in May 2020. Basic coverings are effective and that includes masks with valves.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
11748 posts
2602 upvotes
Get the one with a good flexible nose clip. When the clip is adjusted properly, you should able to prevent most of the fogging.
doefficient wrote: Does anyone have any suggestions for face masks that are comfortable to wear and good for people with glasses (i.e., prevents fogging)?
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask if possible, especially if you have cold symptoms.