Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4889 posts
1638 upvotes
Kingston

Best 'find my phone' app? (Android)

Just wondering if anyone uses any specific app in case your phone gets lost or stolen? I know google has the find my phone built in, but some apps have more features then just that. Take a picture for example. Just looking for recommendations. I don't mind paying a one time fee, but do not want to pay monthly. I'm currently trying "lost my android"
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4889 posts
1638 upvotes
Kingston
I did have Cerberus before. I even paid for it when they had it as one time fee for the lifetime premium license. Then they changed their mind and told everyone they had to pay monthly, even the people that already paid for a licence. Was a great app. Not using it again tho.
Nov 25, 2007
175 posts
66 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
strange; since I still use it from my one time purchase account.
Nov 25, 2007
175 posts
66 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
coincidentally, I recieved this from them this morning:

We wanted to let you know that we released a new app: Cerberus Personal Safety (Persona).

Persona is the personal safety solution for you and your family. During an emergency or a potentially dangerous situation you can easily and quickly share real-time location with your loved ones. You can share with friends and relatives via email, SMS, Facebook and Twitter with one tap, they will be able to track you just by opening a link, no login required. You can install the app from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... us.persona

You might know that a couple years ago we switched to subscription licenses for new accounts, which is more in line with what we provide - a comprehensive service, not just a simple app.

You were one of our early users and purchased a lifetime license for the Anti-theft app, we appreciate it and of course we will honor the terms of that license. On the other hand the Personal Safety app, and new services we are working on, will be reserved to customers with a subscription license.

Persona will work with your lifetime license until the end of March. If you want to use it after that date and have access to our new apps and services, you can upgrade to a subscription plan. We have a special offer for you, check it out at this link: https://www.cerberusapp.com/upgrade_lic ... rname=xxxx

Thanks for your continued support!

Thank You

The Cerberus Team
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1305 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I like the GPS Flare function of the free "Where's my droid" app.

You can set the battery percentage at which the phone fires off an email to your email address with the GPS location of the phone. So if you have a cellular data plan and lose your phone (or lose the phone where it's connected to wifi), you'll get an email with it's location before the battery dies.

I think the paid version will send SMS instead of email so you wouldn't need a cellular data plan, just a basic cell plan
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."