• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 8:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5629 posts
3008 upvotes
Sauerkraut wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 5:13 pm
Duckworth's on Kingston Rd. for Halibut & chips. Good food, spartan surroundings (go for take out). If you want atmosphere, try a fern bar in Yorkville.
Never been to that location, but the Duckworth's on the Danforth is very good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7765 posts
1843 upvotes
Mississauga
booblehead wrote:
Apr 20th, 2014 8:03 am
really ? if so, should they not change the name to Diana oyster bar ?

I did see people ordering oysters but the vast majority of the patrons were having other seafood dishes while I visited there that one time.
The name is actually Dianas Oyster Bar & Grill on their website, even though the sign above their restaurant says Diana's Seafood. Anyway, I don't think I will even go back there for oysters.

And regardless of what of type of seafood we order, since Diana's owns a seafood market and are experts in seafood, they should also be serving the freshest and best quality that's prepared and cooked well at their restaurant.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3665 posts
1311 upvotes
on the links
playnicee1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2014 6:15 pm
Anyone know if Flippers is still @ Kennedy and Lawrence? Years ago they were great for Fish and Chips because the meal came with a small but good self serve (one trip) salad bar.
Yep, still there....I went there about 1yr ago...Wow, talk about 60's throwback, it was like walking into a Brady Bunch set, interspersed with Quint's shark shack from Jaws.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16128 posts
1393 upvotes
Thornhill
Dr Butcher wrote:
May 2nd, 2009 7:23 am
Olde Yorke Fish & Chips on Laird Dr.
We've been there and weren't sure why everyone likes it so much... Our fish just came out oily... Maybe a bad day?

One of the best I've had was at P.J. O'Brien's down at King and Church (GTA).

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Mar 13, 2014
26 posts
1 upvote
Dr Butcher wrote:
May 2nd, 2009 7:23 am
Olde Yorke Fish & Chips on Laird Dr.
I actually recently moves out there gonna give it a try, but to the OP for fish and especially chips(fries) Dairy Freeze on Caledonia and St. Clair, nice goldrpen breaded halibut with their fries and out of this world gravy, or even huge Onion Rings.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
2226 posts
760 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2014 12:51 pm
Happy Hooker is having customer appreciation day tomorrow.

Fish 'n' Chips for $2

Thank OP sprung at the thread below

toronto-2-fish-chips-happy-hooker-oct-24-a-1584081/

On Friday I'm so glad I saw this post and happened to be in the neighborhood. Halibut is my favorite type of fish for F&C, but for this $2 special they were only serving cod. Anyway, I grabbed 2 orders to go and shared it with a friend eating it at Trinity-Bellwood Park enjoying the fantastic warm autumn weather. Absolutely best deal ever for Fish and Chips!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
My current go-to place is Allencourt F&C @ bayview & Maj Mac.

really like their halibut and chips.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20320 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 2:39 pm
My current go-to place is Allencourt F&C @ bayview & Maj Mac.

really like their halibut and chips.
Damn, I always wanted to try this place but never knew if it was any good...really hesitant to try.

Looks like I'll have to try! Thx!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23398 posts
8354 upvotes
Toronto
it opens on Sunday too.

give it a try and if you don't like it, then onto the next F&C place. You can write about it here too of your dislike or like.

ji2o0k wrote:
Jul 17th, 2015 6:24 pm
Damn, I always wanted to try this place but never knew if it was any good...really hesitant to try.

Looks like I'll have to try! Thx!