• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2019 3:19 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2011
66 posts
5 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL

Best grocery delivery service?

Looking for experiences people have had with various grocery delivery services. My elderly parents are in Scarborough and don't drive so I'd like to get them a subscription. Ideally I'd want a service that doesn't mark up their prices too much and add on extra fees, but I understand this might be difficult to circumvent. Thanks for your time.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1887 posts
472 upvotes
Try Instacart. I've used it a few times and there is no mark-up at Walmart (same prices as in store). It costs $3.99 per delivery or you can buy a $10/month (I think) subscription for free unlimited deliveries. It's free to try and you can get $10 off your first order with a referral.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13002 upvotes
100% not applicable since it's not available in Canada, but I LOVED Amazon Fresh.
I'm not sure it'd compete well today, but at no other point in my life was I able to both get ice cream and a hard drive in the same shipment.
Anything that was available in Amazon's Seattle warehouse was available for grocery delivery. Same day too.
This was years ago when Prime was still 2 day.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2328 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't tried but maybe look into Grocery Gateway. They're probably not the cheapest since the food looks like it's from Longo's but it's worth a look.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"