Ongoing Deal Discussion

Best Internet Deals in Quebec

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2024 7:32 pm
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
samuelb wrote: Checking the ebox site for Quebec (with an NDG zip code), I see the price for V-Cable Extreme 100 unlimited (100 download/30 upload) is at $64.95
https://www.ebox.ca/en/quebec/residenti ... es/v-cable

Please let us know the out come of your change.
I hope it will go smoothly.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Which seems like a decent price compared to other options mentioned here.
Specially for current ebox users who'd like to increase speed, without the hassle of changing providers
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
samuelb wrote: Checking the ebox site for Quebec (with an NDG zip code), I see the price for V-Cable Extreme 100 unlimited (100 download/30 upload) is at $64.95
https://www.ebox.ca/en/quebec/residenti ... es/v-cable
No reason to go with Ebox anymore now that Fizz has lowered their price unless supporting indie ISPs is a priority to you.

$30 10/1.5
$35 15/10
$40 30/10
$50 60/10
$65 120/20

free install, free modem.

Why is nobody talking about Fizz in this thread? I'm not a customer yet, I'm still with Teksavvy DSL which I have no complaint about, it's rock solid. I might stay with them out of loyalty but if I had to switch isp, I'd go with Fizz.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Fizz is no cheaper now that most other ISPs, like AltimaTel which I use.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25727 upvotes
Montreal
crockpot wrote: (...) No reason to go with Ebox anymore now that Fizz has lowered their price unless supporting indie ISPs is a priority to you.

$30 10/1.5
$35 15/10
$40 30/10
$50 60/10
$65 120/20

free install, free modem.

Why is nobody talking about Fizz in this thread? I'm not a customer yet, I'm still with Teksavvy DSL which I have no complaint about, it's rock solid. I might stay with them out of loyalty but if I had to switch isp, I'd go with Fizz.
Maybe because there is a separate thread about Fizz Home Internet on RFD.
vodka wrote: Fizz is no cheaper now that most other ISPs, like AltimaTel which I use.
Maybe. But with Fizz, you get access to Vidéotron's Internet "Direct"; no intermediary, no "man in the middle". You even get a Videotron IP address. It's Vidéotron's Home Internet with a Fizz sticker on it.

If you go with another TPIA providers, they manage their own traffic and have to buy their own bandwidth. Some go cheap on this to save money and generate profit. So, during rush hours, when everyone is streaming Netflix, you don't get what you paid for.

Fizz is Vidéotron's response to TPIA providers. They have every reason to make sure Fizz is better than any other TPIA provider. And it is.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote: Maybe because there is a separate thread about Fizz Home Internet on RFD.

Maybe. But with Fizz, you get access to Vidéotron's Internet "Direct"; no intermediary, no "man in the middle". You even get a Videotron IP address. It's Vidéotron's Home Internet with a Fizz sticker on it.

If you go with another TPIA providers, they manage their own traffic and have to buy their own bandwidth. Some go cheap on this to save money and generate profit. So, during rush hours, when everyone is streaming Netflix, you don't get what you paid for.

Fizz is Vidéotron's response to TPIA providers. They have every reason to make sure Fizz is better than any other TPIA provider. And it is.
I agree that it is better than most TPIA providers in every aspect... except support. Fizz support is less than useless. When I would call in to Teksavvy, for example, I would get a human that could actually help resolve my issue. Not so with Fizz.

See my previous comment on this:
best-internet-deals-quebec-2146261/39/#p30802851

Good luck!
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
Teksavvy is really fantastic when it comes to reliability and support but their plans are more expensive.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1291 posts
1796 upvotes
Montr
This thread haven't been updated for a while now. I'm looking for a good deal in Montreal area. I need +-50 speed.

I see Carrytel has the best price but awful reviews. Which one if now the best quality price provider?

Thank you
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
frederixx wrote: This thread haven't been updated for a while now. I'm looking for a good deal in Montreal area. I need +-50 speed.

I see Carrytel has the best price but awful reviews. Which one if now the best quality price provider?

Thank you
Cable is more stable than DSL. For awful companies it's good to go Cable since Cable internet can most of the time be fix remotely.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
Spaceballs wrote: Cable is more stable than DSL. For awful companies it's good to go Cable since Cable internet can most of the time be fix remotely.
This is why I always picked cable. Now, I'm on Fizz and my modem's firmware is buggy. My modem is near unusable some days, requiring 3-4 reboots per day. Since a recent firmware update, it's been acting this way and their support worse than useless. Generally, I'd say go with cable, just avoid Fizz.
Deal Guru
Apr 10, 2011
12749 posts
25727 upvotes
Montreal
dhomas wrote: This is why I always picked cable. Now, I'm on Fizz and my modem's firmware is buggy. My modem is near unusable some days, requiring 3-4 reboots per day. Since a recent firmware update, it's been acting this way and their support worse than useless. Generally, I'd say go with cable, just avoid Fizz.
dhomas wrote: I wanted to share an update for anyone considering Fizz for Internet service. The service, when it works, is flawless. It's fast and reliable. (...)

I'm with Fizz Home Internet since January and never got a problem.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
I'm with Fizz Home Internet since January and never got a problem.
I've been with them since about the same time. The Internet coming from Videotron has been great. And I can't beat the price (I pay 40$ for 120mbps). But their support is chat only and it is absolutely useless. The chat reps are unable to fix anything themselves and need to go to their "specialized team". I'm sticking with them (for now) because the price is unbeatable and I hope they resolve their other issues. But I'm starting to miss Teksavvy...

Here are the two issues I've had:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FizzMobile/com ... eral_days/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FizzMobile/com ... with_fizz/
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
dhomas wrote: This is why I always picked cable. Now, I'm on Fizz and my modem's firmware is buggy. My modem is near unusable some days, requiring 3-4 reboots per day. Since a recent firmware update, it's been acting this way and their support worse than useless. Generally, I'd say go with cable, just avoid Fizz.
Their tech support are suppose to be able to see how many reboots and "bugs" the modem had, and replace if needed. Ideally, call them when the modem is buggy without rebooting it yourself. They are probably using refurbished modem (network or something) for Fizz and new reliable ones with Videotron.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1765 posts
835 upvotes
Anyone know when back to school deals typically start? Looking to change but not really seeing offers right now.

Thanks!
Mar 27, 2012
21 posts
3 upvotes
I don't know when these would come but I was looking at ciktelecom's 50mbit FFTN offer to replace my current one year cable 15mbit with selectcom telecom that comes due at the end of September

Carrytel's 50mbit at 29.9$ per month seems like a good option too
http://www.carrytel.ca/promotion.aspx?province=QC
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1318 posts
371 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Anyone have CIK for Cable? I'm debating between CIK and Fizz for my new place, Acanac was decent but their prices went up :-/
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
Ask to speak with the retention loyalty manager.
I'm sure that you can get some price adjustment.
Be polite and respectful explain your findings.

Selectcom Telecom is a very reliable service.
I'm not do sure about CIK.....

Don't forget to share and let us know your outcome.
Thanks Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
funnypanks wrote: Anyone know when back to school deals typically start? Looking to change but not really seeing offers right now.

Thanks!
saedif69 wrote: I don't know when these would come but I was looking at ciktelecom's 50mbit FFTN offer to replace my current one year cable 15mbit with selectcom telecom that comes due at the end of September

Carrytel's 50mbit at 29.9$ per month seems like a good option too
http://www.carrytel.ca/promotion.aspx?province=QC
Agreed. For 50/10, Carrytel seems like the best option and the service reviews are very good. Also, Virgin often gives $30 for 12 months to new customers that ask.

Is the Carrytel price time limited? Because I don't see any fine print in that regard...
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1318 posts
371 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Finally decided on Carrytel again, that 30$ a month FTTN deal for 50/10 is too good to pass up. I had my parents with them a couple years back, they were decent, as long as your place gets good DSL speeds (my new condo didn't but my parents older home did) you're set
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1318 posts
371 upvotes
Montreal, QC
deal_king wrote: Agreed. For 50/10, Carrytel seems like the best option and the service reviews are very good. Also, Virgin often gives $30 for 12 months to new customers that ask.

Is the Carrytel price time limited? Because I don't see any fine print in that regard...
The promotion seems time limited, price didn't increase when I had them with my parents but will have to check when I get the contract:

Promotion Summary:Absolutely NO CHARGES if your service is cancelled within the first 7 days.(Excl. Shipping Charge)

Promotion Expiration Date: August 8th, 2019

Promotion Condition:New to Carrytel Customer only. Unqualified order will be automatically rejected by our system within 48 hours. *New to Carrytel Customer means the customer never had Carrytel internet service installed under the same address.

On the email I just got:

Plan Name: Fiber Internet 50(QC Promo)(50 downloading speed, 10 uploading speed)
One Time and recurring charge(every 30 days):
1. $29.99 FTTN50(10M uploading,QC) monthly charge
2. $29.00 Modem Deposit (one time)
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2449 posts
1639 upvotes
Montreal
DaSnipe wrote: The promotion seems time limited, price didn't increase when I had them with my parents but will have to check when I get the contract:

Promotion Summary:Absolutely NO CHARGES if your service is cancelled within the first 7 days.(Excl. Shipping Charge)

Promotion Expiration Date: August 8th, 2019

Promotion Condition:New to Carrytel Customer only. Unqualified order will be automatically rejected by our system within 48 hours. *New to Carrytel Customer means the customer never had Carrytel internet service installed under the same address.

On the email I just got:

Plan Name: Fiber Internet 50(QC Promo)(50 downloading speed, 10 uploading speed)
One Time and recurring charge(every 30 days):
1. $29.99 FTTN50(10M uploading,QC) monthly charge
2. $29.00 Modem Deposit (one time)
Let us know what you find out about the pricing and whether it is locked in or if it increases after a certain time.
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300