Best internet providers?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 12:19 pm
Tags:
Dec 24, 2005
487 posts
86 upvotes

Best internet providers?

Right now we're with Rogers, but the internet keeps going in and out, multiple times a day, daily. We get cable from them too as well as a home phone. My parents love it as it's easy to use and they want their home phone.

My problem is it costs a lot and our service gets interrupted.

I'm sure it's cheaper elsewhere.

Looking for:
fast, unlimited internet that up to 7 people can use at once....will be using computers, phones and streaming off of TV's.
preferably a home phone line attached to it.
not Rogers expensive.

Live just outside of Hamilton.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22158 posts
10323 upvotes
Toronto
Look into getting Bell fibre to the home. They are very stable for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1130 posts
211 upvotes
YYZ
audit13 wrote: Look into getting Bell fibre to the home. They are very stable for me.
some say Rogers is good, some say Bell is good .. ask around your neighborhood if anyone is using Bell and see what they say, if all of them say its good, go for Bell ..

all resellers will be the same, they just resell Bell/Rogers so really you are still using the big boys but with smaller fee and slower speeds
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12016 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Been using Rogers cable internet for almost 20 years. It was called @home when they launched.

Then I discovered Bell Fibe FTTH (Fibre To The Home)

Since then Rogers has tried to woo me over with cheap rates.

I rather pay double the price to Bell, it is that much better.

Unfortunately, it is not widely available.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22158 posts
10323 upvotes
Toronto
bas00m wrote: some say Rogers is good, some say Bell is good .. ask around your neighborhood if anyone is using Bell and see what they say, if all of them say its good, go for Bell ..

all resellers will be the same, they just resell Bell/Rogers so really you are still using the big boys but with smaller fee and slower speeds
I left Rogers on August 1 for Bell. Rogers was good for a couple of years and then I started getting random disconnects that would last from a few seconds to a few minutes. Unfortunately, I could get 10 disconnects and reconnects per hour. This would usually start around noon and last into the evening. I went through 6 tech visits and 3 modem swaps before I gave up.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
If you have the option of Bell FTTH (Fiber to home) take that over any deal rogers gives you unless you're in one of the few areas Rogers ran Fiber to before they got DOCSIS 3/3.1 off the ground to compete with Bell.

Basically if you can get Fiber in your house take the cheapest fiber option.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)