• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2019 10:59 am
[OP]
Nov 23, 2011
656 posts
674 upvotes
West GTA

Best iPhone Purchase Method

Forgive me, I tried searching through RFD and I'm still lost.

My wife wants to upgrade her iPhone 6, what is the best (cheapest) method to buy a new or slightly used iPhone? I know BUY/SELL on RFD is safer than Kijiji but its not necessarily cheap. Is there still a way to churn a phone through Koodo? All she wants is an XR or even an X.

Any help would be appreciated.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1858 posts
1024 upvotes
There's no more churning at Koodo, that boat has sailed.
Other options would be signing up with Koodo & staying them for the 2yrs duration. (I don't recommend it if you've got a good plan)

Otherwise you'd have to look at BST market;
- RFD
- getorhard.com

Lastly would be save up & grab it at the apple store.
Apr 25, 2019
309 posts
482 upvotes
If you are in a area with Freedom coverage. You can get a XR for $0 plus $60 plan for 24 months. Please go to the Freedom website for more details.
Lucky Mobile 3.5 GB $25
[OP]
Nov 23, 2011
656 posts
674 upvotes
West GTA
Thanks guys.

And her phone plan is covered by work so we aren't signing up for any contracts, looking to buy a phone outright.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
mickman wrote: Thanks guys.

And her phone plan is covered by work so we aren't signing up for any contracts, looking to buy a phone outright.
The work plan is BYOD? No device?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
mickman wrote: Correct.
Probably look at RFD BST.

iPhone Xr was heavily discounted this weekend on contract plans, so lots of people upgraded and got the phone and will be looking to sell it. You should be able to find BNIB for $600-620
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17101 posts
3355 upvotes
Toronto
Without signing a two year contract, it is not possible to get a a discounted phone from any retailer or carrier that I know of.