• Jul 15th, 2016 8:36 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4134 posts
427 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
How much do these mag boxes usually cost?
Nov 29, 2003
52 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for IPTVSubs. Been on it since April as well. Tested it on both kodi on windows and android box (minix u series).
Had some stability issues but after tweaking settings on kodi it stabilized. I would use the Minix box for my parents. The remote control is more intuitive vs using a keyboard.
Annual subscription worked out to be approx. $170-ish
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1221 posts
357 upvotes
GTA
How are you guys paying for these subscriptions? Prepaid visa/mastercards?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3685 posts
768 upvotes
Kingston
JagStyles wrote: How are you guys paying for these subscriptions? Prepaid visa/mastercards?
All depends on what payment options the reseller offers.

Most will take Paypal or Prepaid MC/Visa, others will take Bitcoins or EMT
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1221 posts
357 upvotes
GTA
Not sure how I feel about using Paypal or any other form of payment that may reveal a person's identity. Paypal is notorious for relinquishing confidential information to the powers that be.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3685 posts
768 upvotes
Kingston
JagStyles wrote: Not sure how I feel about using Paypal or any other form of payment that may reveal a person's identity. Paypal is notorious for relinquishing confidential information to the powers that be.
Paypal isnt that bad if you know how to do it. Depending on the reseller, send payment as a gift using the friends and family option, and leave the comments section blank. This option works every single time. Do not use the buy goods and service option as yes that is possibly traceable.

Regardless of payment, you know that you can be traced based on your IP Address when you log into the server right? This is only an issue if the server becomes compromised and falls into the wrong hands
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1221 posts
357 upvotes
GTA
kcorscadden wrote: Paypal isnt that bad if you know how to do it. Depending on the reseller, send payment as a gift using the friends and family option, and leave the comments section blank. This option works every single time. Do not use the buy goods and service option as yes that is possibly traceable.

Regardless of payment, you know that you can be traced based on your IP Address when you log into the server right? This is only an issue if the server becomes compromised and falls into the wrong hands
Unless you're connected to a VPN service and then access your IPTV subscription. All that aside, which IPTV providers/resellers do you recommend? I'm looking for something with good Canadian content but also all the sports channels and Portuguese channels like (Benfica TV1/TV2, SportTV, RTP1-4 etc). Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3685 posts
768 upvotes
Kingston
JagStyles wrote: Unless you're connected to a VPN service and then access your IPTV subscription. All that aside, which IPTV providers/resellers do you recommend? I'm looking for something with good Canadian content but also all the sports channels and Portuguese channels like (Benfica TV1/TV2, SportTV, RTP1-4 etc). Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
VPN's are a good defense but they aren't foolproof, if the authorities want your IP address, they can get it regardless of what your VPN provider says.

Profinity TV is a decent server with a lot of Canadian channels + PPV Events and VOD. Not too sure about Portuguese channels, but I know they have added internationals in the last few months. IPGuys is decent too and is more of an international channels server vs Profinity.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2013
1221 posts
357 upvotes
GTA
kcorscadden wrote: VPN's are a good defense but they aren't foolproof, if the authorities want your IP address, they can get it regardless of what your VPN provider says.

Profinity TV is a decent server with a lot of Canadian channels + PPV Events and VOD. Not too sure about Portuguese channels, but I know they have added internationals in the last few months. IPGuys is decent too and is more of an international channels server vs Profinity.
Very true... I'm also noticing that a lot of the places where you purchase these subscriptions requires full name, address etc. If I wanted to purchase IPGuys, any suggestions on best place to purchase it? Thanks again for your help, appreciate it.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3685 posts
768 upvotes
Kingston
JagStyles wrote: Very true... I'm also noticing that a lot of the places where you purchase these subscriptions requires full name, address etc. If I wanted to purchase IPGuys, any suggestions on best place to purchase it? Thanks again for your help, appreciate it.
Satfix.to
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4579 posts
3726 upvotes
Toronto
How do you sign up for Profinity? Do they have a trial?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2005
2728 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Question --- are these channels any good for LIVE SPORTS? I hate watching low def and having a slow stream ---- it's not worth it! And then randomly sites are down .... I'm willing to pay for Cable just for live sports!
Reference:
100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!
Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=41978
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2014
1104 posts
850 upvotes
Dundalk, ON
tdotcbc84 wrote: Question --- are these channels any good for LIVE SPORTS? I hate watching low def and having a slow stream ---- it's not worth it! And then randomly sites are down .... I'm willing to pay for Cable just for live sports!
SmoothStreams is the best option for live sports streams in high quality.

https://youtu.be/q_-pgk8E4FI
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15430 posts
3862 upvotes
iptvsubs...all HD sports...TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN, Sky, Astrosports, ...etc
tdotcbc84 wrote: Question --- are these channels any good for LIVE SPORTS? I hate watching low def and having a slow stream ---- it's not worth it! And then randomly sites are down .... I'm willing to pay for Cable just for live sports!
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
May 7, 2009
168 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
i have a mag254 and i've been with iptvexpress for 2months. before that i was with iptvsubs for 2 months. the quality of iptvexpress is better than iptvsubs.
both services still have occasional buffering issues. i was watching eurocup on iptvexpress and i had to find a channel/stream that wasn't overloaded. the final match was good without buffering though.
but i'm sticking with iptvexpress and i resubscribed for the 1yr plan for $100usd (4k black diamond level)
FYI the black diamond level is not 4k but more 720p-ish

oh and email support for both services will be horrible. turn around for replies will be 1-2days. they will give an excuse that your email ended up in their spam folder....right...