Food & Drink

Best Jamaican Beef Patties in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2022 11:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6913 posts
2900 upvotes
The restaurant in question with the giant patty, most of their food is very good. I did not try the giant patty though. I'm usually not a fan of "fusion" but that place does make good food.

For the frozen patty people, tried Stush & Tastee today (baked at the same time at my home), Stush definitely won out but Stush also costs much more. Cheapest you can get Stush anywhere is $3 per patty if you're lucky (frozen), though its not uncommon to pay $4 per patty, which is expensive considering its frozen. Stush is really really good though. Kind of not a fair comparison since Tastee is so much cheaper. Stush kind of reminds me of Randys, the meat was sort of runny in a good way
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote: The restaurant in question with the giant patty, most of their food is very good. I did not try the giant patty though. I'm usually not a fan of "fusion" but that place does make good food.
Be sure to go back soon! Looking forward to your review! (on the patty)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah this is horrible. It's a domino effect. They are hurt the most by the fire, but then also those who count on supply to sell the patties for a living...ie subway stations etc. What happens now?
I LOVE those patties and enjoyed buying them @ Bathurst subway station.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4221 posts
24287 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Yeah this is horrible. It's a domino effect. They are hurt the most by the fire, but then also those who count on supply to sell the patties for a living...ie subway stations etc. What happens now?
I see a patty premium going to happen - stock up before the price hike.
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote: I see a patty premium going to happen - stock up before the price hike.
Too late. Bathurst Station was selling what might be the last of their patties for a while for $2.50. Crazy high price now.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12618 posts
15438 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: Yeah this is horrible. It's a domino effect. They are hurt the most by the fire, but then also those who count on supply to sell the patties for a living...ie subway stations etc. What happens now?
announced they are permanently closing

Source: https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2022/0 ... h-closing/
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1572 posts
600 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunate but all I remember from the interview was the guy saying they will "come back bigger and better". Guess not!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: announced they are permanently closing
Source: https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2022/0 ... h-closing/
This is very depressing. They were one of the few (in Toronto) that knew how to make a good beef patty that doesn't have a shell that crumbles all over the place or into the patty bag that comes with it.
A fair portion of beef inside also. Such a shame. I will miss them very much.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
Okay, so now I really do believe the Fahmee fire was pure ARSON...read the last paragraph of the Blog T.O. link:
""From what I know they are trying to build townhouses within the next few years so the whole plaza is changing eventually," says Abdella."
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15436 posts
12900 upvotes
GTA, ON
Rass!
That's two great patty places gone within months of each other.

RIP Fahmee
RIP Randy's
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7900 posts
1677 upvotes
Toronto
Where's everyone going to now that Fahmee & Randy's are gone?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18868 posts
5799 upvotes
Toronto
trixR4kids wrote: Where's everyone going to now that Fahmee & Randy's are gone?
For now, I'm trusting Bathurst subway station to continue to know what a good beef patty is.
There are some gawd awful patties at some of the other subway stations out there.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)