Food & Drink

Best Japanese/Sushi in York Region or Nearby?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2004 3:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 28, 2003
546 posts

Best Japanese/Sushi in York Region or Nearby?

What is the best nearby Markham? Value and quality, which days are special? Its for my moms birthday. How is the one near (what name?) McNicol & Kennedy I think? Dont really want to spend too much (of 5).

Thanks.
3 replies
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
I noticed there were no replies, so i figure i'd help you out.

To be brutally honest, there are very few if hardly any decent a la carte sushi places north of eglington. This is a fact, seriously its really really sad. The only places that thrive are the all-you-can-eat (AYCE's) that are flourishing on almost every major intersection around hiway7.

What is your budget, and what day are you planning to go? I can personally recommend a number of places downtown/midtown.

For an affordable dinner for a party of 5, try Yorkville sushi, i posted the review here, http://forums.redflagdeals.com/showthre ... ille+sushi

this place offers great food at very very accomedating prices and unlike the rest of the places i have been to, it isn't rediculously busy.

itadakimasu!
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
I echo trueno92. If you want AYCE, then there's plenty of them in Scarborough/Markham/Richmod Hill area. They are all only B-grades stuff since it's AYCE. Sushi on 7 is recommended as one of the best AYCE places out there at the moment. The one at Kennedy/McNicoll... don't waste you time and money there. Yang is always ok to decent.

If you want sit-down dinner and decent Japanese food. there's a few at Young/Finch area (names escaped me), and the ones dowtown are fine choices. But they are not AYCE.
Banned
Nov 1, 2004
36 posts
We went to the one at McNicoll/Kennedy last year and it was the first and last time we would be there. It's AYCE but the quality of the food was not really that nice.

If you ask me which one is good near Markham, I would say Amiga Sushi (hope I remember the name correctly) at First Markham Place (Woodbine/Hwy 7). The service was great. The food is above average and price is reasonable. We especially appreciate the food they offered us for free (on the house).
undefined

Tomorrow will ALWAYS be Better!!

ALWAYS COCA COLA :cool: