Careers

best job site? apply via linkedin? workopolis? indeed? company website?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 12:28 am
[OP]
Apr 5, 2009
889 posts
216 upvotes

best job site? apply via linkedin? workopolis? indeed? company website?

Just wondering what people think is the best way to apply for careers? I see linked in seems to push a lot potential matches... what are ppls experiences?
5 replies
Nov 22, 2017
613 posts
355 upvotes
Search indeed and apply through company website. Unless its a smaller company that doesn't have online application and relies on indeed or linkedin to gather the applications for them.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2264 posts
951 upvotes
Montreal, QC
i'd say indeed. its basically a job search engine. company website is a very good idea, it also lets you see if they have other openings
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1950 posts
848 upvotes
HK
LinkedIn is good because you can connect with recruiters for a specific company, and they can refer you directly, assuming you have the qualifications. The independents get paid by commission, so it is in their interest to fill openings.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
2015 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
I always used Indeed to search but applied through the company site.
May 2, 2013
255 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
stansoltz wrote: Just wondering what people think is the best way to apply for careers? I see linked in seems to push a lot potential matches... what are ppls experiences?
Everywhere you can find posting. Don't get locked to one place.
Look for positions on indeed.ca. Check if recruiter has posted the position. If they have, call them directly (find their contact info, google search) cold calls will be the best practices here.
Check LinkedIn, see who has posted the position. Talent acquisition might not reply to you, but if manager/director/ceo has posted the position, send them email directly expressing your interest in the position.