• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2021 3:21 pm
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote

Best Kitchen Appliances Package Deals

Hi All

Need to upgrade my mom's kitchen and figured we might as we go with a package deal and get a new dishwasher, oven range and fridge since the "buy 3 and get $300 off" seems to be everywhere. I've been reading through the forums, but was hoping somebody has done some research on the best deals in the GTA right now. Any advice on best deals, shipping and installation costs would be appreciated!
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15465 posts
12664 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
None

You’ll always be better off in the long run NOT BUYING AN APPLIANCE SUITE

Cuz the Company that EXCELS in one area, most likely BOMBS in another

Reviews like Consumer Reports ... spell this out clearly

Case in point ... MAYTAG is AMAZING for wet applications ... Washers & Dryers or Dishwashers
Not so great for Fridges or Stoves

And so it goes for others ... MIELE, BOSCH, FRIGIDAIRE etc

My best advice ... research your brands. And buy the best you can afford

Most will mix & match fine with other brands as far as Stainless Steel, Black, or White go

And STAY AWAY FROM Samsung & LG
They’ll try all sorts to seduce you with all the Latest gizmos / bells & whistles
But it’s all show
They have a BEYOND TERRIBLE TRACK RECORD for longevity ... or warranty & maintenance

Lots of threads on that in the RFD HOME & GARDEN FORUM = home-garden-f53/

Which is where the RFD Mods will prob move this thread to eventually

* NOTE - The Forums are searchable
Someone asks a similar appliance question every other day
Suggest you read thru some past ones

WHERE you buy also matters.
STAY AWAY from The Brick (again many issues ... do a GOOGLE or RFD Search)
Best bets ... Lowe’s, Costco, or a Regional Appliance / Mom & Pop Furniture Store that gets good local reviews

Also ... Appliances like everything else has a BEST TIME TO BUY CYCLE
For most things that’s Autumn ... exception ... Fridges is May
And also a good month for the big annual MAYTAG MAY DAYS Sale
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9086 posts
2685 upvotes
London
echooooo wrote: Hi All

Need to upgrade my mom's kitchen and figured we might as we go with a package deal and get a new dishwasher, oven range and fridge since the "buy 3 and get $300 off" seems to be everywhere. I've been reading through the forums, but was hoping somebody has done some research on the best deals in the GTA right now. Any advice on best deals, shipping and installation costs would be appreciated!
Do you _need_ to do it now? Because supply is meager, so you won't get the best prices and estimated shipping times are complete fiction.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
thank you for this... I wanted to make a quick decision as I can't spend too much time right now. I ordered from bestbuy and delivery is on Wednesday. I checked the appliance's reviews before buying and all had multi-thousand 4+ star ratings... I ended up buying these and got $300 off:

Whirlpool 30" 5-Element Freestanding Electric Range - Stainless Steel
Whirlpool Over-The-Range Microwave - 1.7 Cu. Ft. - Stainless Steel
Whirlpool 24" 50dB Built-In Dishwasher (WDF590SAJM) - Mnchrm Stainless
Amana 7.0 Cu. Ft. Compact Chest Freezer (AQC0701GRW) - White

Prices were within budget and reviews were good. Bottom line, my mom should be happy and I've got someone coming to do the install and disposal.
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Yea I couldn't wait coz my mom's dishwasher is leaking and the cooking range just stopped working (15 years old or something)...
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10118 posts
12094 upvotes
Vancouver
Appliance dealers woo you with package deals because they make $$$ on them.
Fully agree with @PointsHubby. Do your research. With major appliances, paying more for something reliable will save you more money in the long run than a deal on a lemon. I always check Consumer Reports before buying major appliances. Their appliance testing and evaluation is way better then randos writing Google reviews. Your property taxes are likely already paying for an online CR subscription through the public library that you can log in to and read from home.