• May 16th, 2019 6:50 pm
[OP]
Mar 12, 2013
289 posts
117 upvotes
Edmonton

Best Light weight Safety shoes

Hi all

I am looking to buy a pair of safety shoes with CSA marking. My preference is on light weight. Workplace is within the warehouse and the only requirement is steel toe shoes and no other specs

I have been using sketchers work but they seem to be pretty heavy as it has steel base ..

any recommendations?

I
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9502 posts
1816 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure about the best but there are now sneaker types, hiker types etc
Composite toe is a lighter alternative to steel toes as well.
Nov 10, 2015
315 posts
262 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Go to marks. Any of their quad lite shoes/boots are as light or lighter than regular running shoes
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20735 posts
4851 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Mr. Safety Shoes
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Dec 6, 2017
983 posts
517 upvotes
Manitoba
I am looking at Keen as they look quite stylish as well.
one more deal and I'm out * involuntary tick*.... :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1142 posts
637 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
glenn9090 wrote: Hi all

I am looking to buy a pair of safety shoes with CSA marking. My preference is on light weight. Workplace is within the warehouse and the only requirement is steel toe shoes and no other specs

I have been using sketchers work but they seem to be pretty heavy as it has steel base ..

any recommendations?

I
I've been through a few different types of so called light safety shoes. Almost all of them either caused me joint pain or felt uncomfortable, I do a lot of walking at work. 3 years ago I was finally able to find a pair of shoes that felt like I was walking on air. They're not cheap but they are built to last.

Mellowwalk Patrick Slip-On. A lace up version is also available.
https://www.marks.com/en/mellowwalk-men ... o_s=gplaca
[OP]
Mar 12, 2013
289 posts
117 upvotes
Edmonton
Bianco13 wrote: I've been through a few different types of so called light safety shoes. Almost all of them either caused me joint pain or felt uncomfortable, I do a lot of walking at work. 3 years ago I was finally able to find a pair of shoes that felt like I was walking on air. They're not cheap but they are built to last.

Mellowwalk Patrick Slip-On. A lace up version is also available.
https://www.marks.com/en/mellowwalk-men ... o_s=gplaca
thanks for the suggestion. I see they are rated 4.7. looks like nice pair of shoes. Actually my company sponsors 100$ for the safety shoes... I will add another 50 bucks to get this. I too have a lot of walking... wearing heavy shoes and walking makes the tasks difficult
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1405 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
I like my Terra boots, they are super light weighted, i've tried Timberland and CAT......Terra are my choice now
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1142 posts
637 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
yellowmp5 wrote: I like my Terra boots, they are super light weighted, i've tried Timberland and CAT......Terra are my choice now
For boots Terra's were always my go to when I was in construction. I still have a pair I use around the house for yard work. For shoes I tried Terra, Timberland and Dakota. None compare to the feel or quality of the Mellowwalk.