Best Location in Central Ontario for Rental Property

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2018 10:14 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
151 posts
23 upvotes

Best Location in Central Ontario for Rental Property

I have been thinking about buying a rental property in Central Ontario and wanted to get some input on which city/town people would suggest would be a good location. I would like a location within 1.5 hour drive of the GTA and with a good rental population (university town, high employment, etc.). I was thinking Waterloo may be a good location given you can still purchase a fully detached house for under $400k but I have heard they have strict rental regulations. What city/town do people suggest for rental properties? I am fine with either a condo, townhouse or fully detached home. Budget, ideally under $400k with a good potential for the property to increase in value over time. Thank you.
3 replies
Sep 10, 2009
144 posts
45 upvotes
regarding rental regulations in Waterloo.. it's more annoying than actually strict. They have a set of instructions on their website but it's not complete. So when you follow the instructions and go into the office, they'll send you away because of xx reason. Repeat this 5-6 times and pay the fee and you get your rental license.

The gist of it you need to have a police report, floor layout, hvac inspection, ESA inspection for the initial license. For renewal there are less requirements. It's also kinda pricey =/
Feb 12, 2012
110 posts
28 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catherines - very little vacancy anywhere.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11050 posts
9524 upvotes
Windsor but thats a little further but cheap real estate there.