• Feb 23rd, 2018 10:44 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 13, 2006
479 posts
401 upvotes

Best Mastercard for using PayTM?

I am contemplating to apply for the MBNA Rewards World Elite card for paying the bills hoping to get 2% back, but have seen MBNA treats PayTM as CASH ADVANCE. Can someone confirm this?

Currently I am using Walmart's MC that pays 1%.
I also tried Tangerine MC but was only awarded 0.5% as they do not consider PayTM bills as a recurring bill.

What do you recommend to maximize the rewards/cashback using PayTM?
11 replies
Dec 27, 2005
707 posts
140 upvotes
Alliston, Ontario
donduck wrote: I am contemplating to apply for the MBNA Rewards World Elite card for paying the bills hoping to get 2% back, but have seen MBNA treats PayTM as CASH ADVANCE. Can someone confirm this?

Currently I am using Walmart's MC that pays 1%.
I also tried Tangerine MC but was only awarded 0.5% as they do not consider PayTM bills as a recurring bill.

What do you recommend to maximize the rewards/cashback using PayTM?
I use the MBNA Rewards World Elite card to pay some bills using PayTM and the transactions are not treated as a CASH ADVANCE. Where did you get this information from? I just checked my statement to confirm and this is not the case.

I use my card for everything and have probably gotten back about $800 in the past year as a cash reward (statement credit). Nice tradeoff for an $89 annual fee.
[OP]
Mar 13, 2006
479 posts
401 upvotes
5168898 wrote: ROGERS MC, 1.75%
unfortunately (luckily), i don't have any services with rogers. the rewards from rogers are useless to me!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1464 posts
1123 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
donduck wrote: unfortunately (luckily), i don't have any services with rogers. the rewards from rogers are useless to me!
If you cared to learn about the card you would realize you can get cash back annually and don’t have to spend a cent on Rogers stuff
[OP]
Mar 13, 2006
479 posts
401 upvotes
TotalDistinction wrote: I use the MBNA Rewards World Elite card to pay some bills using PayTM and the transactions are not treated as a CASH ADVANCE. Where did you get this information from? I just checked my statement to confirm and this is not the case.

I use my card for everything and have probably gotten back about $800 in the past year as a cash reward (statement credit). Nice tradeoff for an $89 annual fee.
I was reading up a very long PayTM thread and some got charged as CASH ADVANCE when they paid their property tax using their MBNA WE via PayTM.

I want to pay property tax (richmond hill) using MBNA WE... can anyone confirm if it is treated as CASH ADVANCE or not?
Dec 27, 2005
707 posts
140 upvotes
Alliston, Ontario
donduck wrote: I was reading up a very long PayTM thread and some got charged as CASH ADVANCE when they paid their property tax using their MBNA WE via PayTM.

I want to pay property tax (richmond hill) using MBNA WE... can anyone confirm if it is treated as CASH ADVANCE or not?
I can't confirm because I don't pay my property tax using MBNA WE. I pay my Hydro, Gas, and water bills using PayTM without cash advance fees. I'll check that PayTM thread out.
Feb 22, 2015
190 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Somebody with MBNA RWE and used it to pay property tax via PayTM please confirm this. I plan to pay my property tax with my MBNA RWE (via PayTM) this year.
Jan 21, 2013
584 posts
570 upvotes
From what I read from the PayTM thread, the MBNA cash advance issue was apparently resolved last week of January/first week of February. I don't have MBNA so I can't confirm this however.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
2714 posts
1579 upvotes
Montreal
donduck wrote: I was reading up a very long PayTM thread and some got charged as CASH ADVANCE when they paid their property tax using their MBNA WE via PayTM.
And yet you felt the need to start a new thread rather than ask in the very thread you were reading? :facepalm:
No, no one can. It’s YMMV.
Nov 25, 2017
741 posts
569 upvotes
tongyiba wrote: Somebody with MBNA RWE and used it to pay property tax via PayTM please confirm this. I plan to pay my property tax with my MBNA RWE (via PayTM) this year.
I made 3 property tax payments last year with MBNA WE and no cash advance. The cash advance thing was an issue in PayTMs system that they have said they fixed and it was temporary.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1849 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone used paytm with BMO World Elite mastercard to pay their property tax (toronto)? I have to spend $3000 within 3 months to get 35000 welcome points.