Toronto

Best Meditation App?

For iOS?
8 replies
Nov 29, 2014
31 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I recently purchased Buddhify based on reading reviews...I think it's $6 or $7. I haven't used it much as yet so can't tell you too much based on personal experience, but I enjoy it so far. They have different meditations for waking up, travelling, being online, etc., and you can choose small meditations of only a few minutes or longer ones that are half an hour or more. One of the reasons I ended up purchasing this app is that, once you become a more advanced user, you can customize your experience and add or remove meditations to your main "wheel". You can also choose from a few different voices if you prefer a particular one (most meditations are guided/spoken word). They also have solo meditations to music where you do your own thing, as well as a stats area.

There are definitely a few good ones out there based on what I saw, it just will depend on your preferences as to which one you end up going with. :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Leave your phone in another room FFS if you want to meditate.

Apps for meditation is sad and pathetic. What has society become. This is a disgrace.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Leave your phone in another room FFS if you want to meditate.

Apps for meditation is sad and pathetic. What has society become. This is a disgrace.
What device should one use to participate in a led meditation? I just finished an MBSR course and we used an app with Jon Kabat Zin's guided meditations. What does it matter if it's coming from an IRL instructor, CD player, iPod, phone, etc.?
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes

What the heck are you talking about?. They are talking about guided meditation. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto

"There's an app for that"
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
194 upvotes
Tbh I don't think it's necessary unless you want to practice guided meditation. I use a normal timer, sit down and practice breath meditation. These days however, I've been practicing more and more walking meditation since I'm the type of guy prefers to physically move.
May 21, 2017
103 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto

I was referring to guided meditation.

Seems as if you got the traits of meditation down especially the calm aspect LOL

May I suggest a few deep breaths? Maybe check out the calm application might help with your anger issues
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Tkoutlem wrote: I was referring to guided meditation.

Seems as if you got the traits of meditation down especially the calm aspect LOL

May I suggest a few deep breaths? Maybe check out the calm application might help with your anger issues
FFS Be more specific next time dag nabbit.