• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2017 10:40 pm
[OP]
Oct 18, 2007
502 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto

Best mens athletic socks

I have been looking for the best athletic socks with high cotton content at the lowest price for a while now. I have owned nike athletic socks and they've lasted the longest however for a 3-6 pack of socks its almost $24+tax. A lot of socks i see have very little or no cotton and i find these types of socks dont last as long and cause sweaty stinky feet.

Just curious what you folks wear and experiences with different makes.
11 replies
Jul 25, 2015
872 posts
714 upvotes
I think you need to spend a little more to get a little more. If you want cheap cotton sports socks, I think Walmart has plenty.

I have a whole range of socks that go as high as $25 a pair.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6472 posts
1250 upvotes
+1 on SmartWool. They're not going to be cheap but they will last a while and IME they don't retain stink, even after many wears.
Feb 19, 2007
397 posts
48 upvotes
Financial District/M…
Costco has this multi pack adidas ankle socks.
Thick and comfort, I think it is climalite or climacool which is moisture wicking.
Way better than Nike, best ones I have wore to date.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3485 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
MasterDeal wrote: Costco has this multi pack adidas ankle socks.
Thick and comfort, I think it is climalite or climacool which is moisture wicking.
Way better than Nike, best ones I have wore to date.
I have these ones also. Bought on sale for $6-7.99 IIRC, 6 pack. Compression socks with arch support. Does the job at a cheap price, use them for the gym.
May 28, 2012
11262 posts
3476 upvotes
Saskatoon
I used to routinely buy socks at Costco and Winners...these days, their socks are almost all polyester or acrylic. You would be hard pressed to find any with significant cotton. The dress socks might have some with cotton, but they are very thin. Gap had some athletic socks with higher cotton content but I haven't tried them yet.
Jul 25, 2015
872 posts
714 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote: I used to routinely buy socks at Costco and Winners...these days, their socks are almost all polyester or acrylic. You would be hard pressed to find any with significant cotton. The dress socks might have some with cotton, but they are very thin. Gap had some athletic socks with higher cotton content but I haven't tried them yet.
Thats because cotton is a very poor material for anything that involves moisture (sweat).
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13533 posts
2337 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I currently use Adidas socks with cotton content, for running, that I got from Winners before.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Adversity is a growth opportunity. Change happens at the periphery.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1101 posts
424 upvotes
Toronto
Check out "darn tough socks"

They apparently have a "lifetime warranty" that if there are any holes, just send it back to them and you get a new pair.

I havent taken them up on their warranty, but I been wearing a pair of their socks for a few years now and this pair has outlasted many other ones I used to have.

I wear these socks regularly for basketball, they also have running socks etc.

They are well known for hiking socks etc.

Pricier, but this one pair has outlasted another 5 pairs I bought for the same price from Winners

Available at Sail and sporting life if you want to check it out in person first