Cell Phones

Best non reflective Galaxy s4 screen protector...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2013 1:16 am
[OP]
Mar 31, 2013
5 posts

Best non reflective Galaxy s4 screen protector...

Hey everyone,

I'm shopping for a Screen Protector for a Galaxy S4, which one would you recommend ?
(I'm not interested in a glass product).

Last year I got a Galaxy S3 and I bought the Wrapsol screen protector and I like it a lot.
Since Wrapsol was bought by Otterbox I have a hard time finding the same screen protector.

For most of the devices (ex. Galaxy S3, Iphone5), they have 3 different versions:
the Clean (matte, not reflective)
the Vibrant (reflective)
the Private (very narrow viewing angles)

But for some reason they don't have the Clean version for the GS4... officially on their website! but you can find it around on the web, so I assume it is a fake...
For example, hitfar.com is a certified Otterbox reseller and is selling the Clean version:
www.hitfar.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Otterb ... -protector

Any suggestions ?
Anyone bought an Otterbox Clean screen protector ?
4 replies
Apr 20, 2012
215 posts
151 upvotes
Edmonton
Have you tried eBay? I bought a matte one for my S3 for $1 and it's holding up well.
[OP]
Mar 31, 2013
5 posts
I asked Otterbox about this product and their customer support say it doesn't exist. They deny its existence (and you can't find it on their web site), but you can find their old web page using google, and it's now a error 404 page:
http://www.otterbox.com/Galaxy-S4-Clean ... lt,pd.html

As I really liked the Wrapsol I wanted the same quality for my S4 I looked around and found a shop that was selling it near my location : www.canadacomputers.com
There is a 7 day full refund warranty with this product so I bought it to try it... and my god it's awful : there is some weird subpixel effect and the result is horrible. It's like the subpixel of the AMOLED display show or not depending on the angle... unacceptable.

I though I'd post this here because I didn't find it anywhere that it was discontinued, and because Otterbox didn't answer when I asked if it was discontinued.
Dec 29, 2012
78 posts
17 upvotes
Sherbrooke
I got some Realook ones on eBay and like them VERY much! I got the crystal clear ones, but they also have matte. The feature I like the most is they cover the ENTIRE screen, the only cutouts are for the speaker grille and the home button, everything else is covered.

About $20 shipped for a 2-pack. Not the cheapest, but they're great quality!
Jun 15, 2013
184 posts
45 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I bought these ones from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/GreatShield-Crysta ... V+GT-I9500

It was easy to install, and they do the job. The screen is bright, and I like it. The downside is that when the screen is off it looks dirty with fingerprints, etc, but when the screen is on you don't notice it.

A friend of mine ordered a different more expensive one:

http://www.skinomi.com/sagas4.html

I saw it and I must admit hat his screensaver is a lot nicer than mine, but he paid $11 for one , I paid $6 for three. I still would buy the skinomi one if I went back, its worth the extra $5.