None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1890 posts
349 upvotes
Kitchener

Best online Hotel Deals?

Where do RFD'ers go online to get the best Hotel deals?
6 replies
Aug 27, 2010
591 posts
111 upvotes
It depends. If I am looking for a room for one or two people, I always do Priceline bidding. If I need a room for 3 or more, I just got with Hotwire. You can get a pretty good idea of which hotel you will get by cross referencing with betterbidding.com
Feb 11, 2013
975 posts
183 upvotes
BC
Junerose wrote: It depends. If I am looking for a room for one or two people, I always do Priceline bidding. If I need a room for 3 or more, I just got with Hotwire. You can get a pretty good idea of which hotel you will get by cross referencing with betterbidding.com
Whats the difference between priceline and hotwire?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1090 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa
Pursuit2013 wrote: Whats the difference between priceline and hotwire?
Priceline can only guarantee you 1 bed. If you need 2 beds, you would need to use Hotwire and enter "4" for the number of people.
Dec 3, 2013
433 posts
127 upvotes
lmtclub.com is IMHO currently the best. Prices similar to bidding on Priceline or Hotwire Hot Rates but lmtclub is not a blind site and bookings are refundable per the normal terms of the individual hotel. They charge to join but a Google search should find you a code for free membership.

Priceline and Hotwire are still useful as described above.

Travelpony sometimes has good stuff.

Beyond that the meta search sites like trivago and besttravelcoupon.com let you search all the other sites quickly.

And if you are zeroed in on a specific property that is a timeshare check eBay, vrbo etc to see if you can rent direct from an owner.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2008
1090 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa
Marriott's best rate guarantee is great for saving money if your hotel is in North America. If you find a lower rate they price match it and give you extra 25 % off. Hyatt's the same, but 20%. This can sometimes save a ton of money if it's for a longer stay.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
2625 posts
1035 upvotes
+1 bidding on priceline or hotwire after looking on betterbidding. Priceline does guarantee only 1 bed and I always call the hotel directly if my bid is successful if I require 2 beds in the room. Only once was I stuk with a King size bed but the room had a pullout sofa.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)