[Toronto]

The best Organic Meats deal - The Butchers offering $175 worth of meat for $55

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2011 2:29 pm
Apr 3, 2006
17 posts
2 upvotes

The best Organic Meats deal - The Butchers offering $175 worth of meat for $55

Originally saw an earlier version on RFD, saw this wasn't posted here, and got this in the email today: http://www.dealfind.com/toronto/thebutchers

I actually bought 5, though I do live nearby so easy for me to get to. Best bacon I've ever had.

They even posted a price list: http://www.dealfind.com/toronto/thebutchers
39 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anyone bought from Dealfind before?
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4658 posts
567 upvotes
Read a ton of Brutal stuff about this deal...if its the same place... Enjoy a 40 pound of lamb... Actually it's only ten, until the owner finds out you have the discount... Lol
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
lindmar wrote: Read a ton of Brutal stuff about this deal...if its the same place... Enjoy a 40 pound of lamb... Actually it's only ten, until the owner finds out you have the discount... Lol

I've read those reviews as well.

Apparently they have a fixed price list now.

http://www.dealfind.com/deals/thebutchersorganic.pdf
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4658 posts
567 upvotes
That's good... Unfortunately, the other reviews spoke of very little if any stock... Hope it pans out for everyone. They have sold an absolute boatload of these.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone know if this voucher is valid for exactly the same things (is it everything in the store?) as vouchers for The Butchers at other sites in the past? i know the price list is to give us a sense of prices to expect, but does that mean you can ONLY use it on those items? how about frozen items, or marinated items (which aren't on the price list), is the voucher valid for those?
Apr 3, 2006
17 posts
2 upvotes
I actually read through all of their comments on Dealfind.com (holy **** that was a lot). They said you can use it for anything.

I go there regularly. Never had a problem. They didn't seem to be publishing prices for a while, but the past few weeks everything has had a price up.
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
Lazy Susan wrote: Has anyone bought from Dealfind before?

I have half a dozen times.
Dealfind is one of the better group buy websites imo... they offer deals that i prefer.
especially love it for the fact that their vouchers have no expiry, and they will refund if the establishment goes out of business.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
AcidBomber wrote: I have half a dozen times.
Dealfind is one of the better group buy websites imo... they offer deals that i prefer.
especially love it for the fact that their vouchers have no expiry, and they will refund if the establishment goes out of business.

Thanks. Just the answer I was looking for.
Jesus saves, I spend
Apr 3, 2006
17 posts
2 upvotes
Kherani wrote: Your name is AhmedF and you eat bacon?

I may not have gotten to choose my name, but I sure as hell can choose what I eat (and drink).

Then again, I've legally changed my name, so this is just an antiquated username.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2007
5654 posts
2168 upvotes
At their "regular" prices, you might as well eat out. These vouchers is turning into an addiction for this store. Looks like they will perpetually be short on cash and needs to keep offering these vouchers to pay their bills. Their voucher gets bigger and bigger and I think their prices are too.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
BananaHunter wrote: At their "regular" prices, you might as well eat out. These vouchers is turning into an addiction for this store. Looks like they will perpetually be short on cash and needs to keep offering these vouchers to pay their bills. Their voucher gets bigger and bigger and I think their prices are too.

Or it's a good way to drive traffic in to the store.
Jesus saves, I spend
Mar 2, 2010
10 posts
toronto
They actually had a second location in Thornhill that closed last week. I think there is something fishy going on here and I would get your meat before the place has closed its doors.They have already said it will not be open tomorrow to prepare for the deal. I wonder if it will be open on Tuesday?
Aug 13, 2004
453 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
drwilly13 wrote: They actually had a second location in Thornhill that closed last week. I think there is something fishy going on here and I would get your meat before the place has closed its doors.They have already said it will not be open tomorrow to prepare for the deal. I wonder if it will be open on Tuesday?

Actually the 2nd location closed before last week. (I sent them an email to remove it from their website).
I have noticed this deal has been pimped on all of the group buy sites... bought it once but havent used it yet.
Apr 3, 2006
17 posts
2 upvotes
So now we wait to see them on Groupon and what kind of madness deal there is there.

I don't get it either. I'll ask next time I go buy some meat there.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
This is kind of worrisome.
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
AhmedF wrote: So now we wait to see them on Groupon and what kind of madness deal there is there.

I don't get it either. I'll ask next time I go buy some meat there.
What's Dealfind's policy on "Ambassador" commissions for vouchers that are canceled? For aggregator sites like yours, do they actually give the commission in cash or is it just a credit for their site?

After seeing how Dealfind spammed the forums here when they were starting up (using many different fake accounts), I personally wouldn't trust their word for anything.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1936 posts
749 upvotes
Toronto
mabman wrote: Now this site has $55 for $200 worth of meat.

Should I wait till tomorrow and they'll have a deal for $225 somewhere ? They just keep getting better - the sold 11000 vouchers on dealfind over the weekend.
How they are making $ is beyond me.

http://www.dealticker.com/_29_to__55_fo ... 8prod.html

It's changed - it's $29 for $85 now. WTF?