• Dec 26th, 2017 11:08 pm
[OP]
Mar 15, 2010
620 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Best Outlet Malls Around Orlando

Hi everyone,
What are the best outlet malls around Orlando ?
I'm also driving to Miami from Orlando so anything in between ?
9 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11705 posts
8939 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
There are several Outlet Malls... they are along I-4

Shortest route Orlando to Miami is via The Florida Turnpike... so not much to see or do.

Alternatively head to the Atlantic Coast, and make a slight detour to Daytona Beach... always fun to drive on the beach. Never tire of that.

It’s far far slower to drive to Coast via Hwy 1 and A1A... but a nice thing to do... head to West Palm Beach, and drive south from the iconic Breakers at Palm Beach on down thru Delray Beach - Deerfield Beach - Lauderdale-By-The-Sea - Fort Lauderdale - and Hollywood Beach to Miami
Jan 14, 2010
645 posts
184 upvotes
Central Ontario
Orlando Premium Outlets (I4 & Vineland) and Orlando International Outlets (I4 & Kirkman) are very similar: huge, all the same stores. The Kirkman Road one used to be a 'true' outlet years ago (when it was named Belz), and is also close to the non-outlet (but similar priced) Mall at Millenia. Both have all the sports shoe stores, all the typical fashion places. There are a few no-name outlets all around the Kirkman one.

Lake Buena Vista Outlet is smaller, with some alternative stores (has a Rawlings I recall). It's at the 535 (Apopka-Vineland Rd) just north of the 192.

Depending on when you're going, be forewarned! It is a traffic nightmare around Orlando and the I4 on the best of days (pretty much any day, any time, there's always a 'wreck' to cause a delay); however, if you are going any time now until the new year, parking will be crazy. Insane. Like I would actually caution you to stay away! Or go at 10pm (they're open until 11. There is a parking garage at the Vineland one, which can make it a bit easier if you go very early.

There is an enormous indoor mall north of Miami in Sunrise (close to Ft Lauderdale right on the edge of the everglades. I mention it's indoor, as most outlets are not. The Orlando ones are big, but this one impressed me as very big!
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11705 posts
8939 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Good post by @cocodc

And, good call on the Sawgrass Mills Mall in Sunrise FL

http://www.simon.com/mall/sawgrass-mills

350 Stores including brand name Outlet Stores

Sawgrass Mills ranks at # 10 in Size for Shopping Malls in the US
Coming in behind other well known spots like

#1 - King of Prussia Mall (Philly Area, PA)
#2 - Mall of America (Minneapolis Area, MN
#3 - Aventura Mall (Miami Area, FL)
#6 - Destiny USA (Syracuse, NY)
#7 - The Galleria (Houston, TX)
#9 - Tyson’s Corner Centre (Washington, DC)

I have been to most of the above... and still Sawgrass Mills is a great mall that can stand it’s ground with the likes of Destiny USA in Syracuse.
[OP]
Mar 15, 2010
620 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thank you all for your suggestions.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5136 posts
1186 upvotes
Ottawa
PointsHubby wrote: ...
Shortest route Orlando to Miami is via The Florida Turnpike... so not much to see or do.

Alternatively head to the Atlantic Coast, and make a slight detour to Daytona Beach... always fun to drive on the beach. Never tire of that.
Just so there's no misunderstanding, going to Daytona Beach is more than a slight detour; without even actually going to the beach, taking the interstate taking the 4 from Orlando to Daytona Beach and then going on the 95 almost doubles the drive time ... Also makes a difference exactly where in / near Orlando you are (or you closer to downtown or closer to Kissimmee).

Unfortunately, other than the beaches on the Atlantic, there's really very little between Orlando and Miami. As mentioned the A1A drive is very nice but it's much slower (taking the 1 probably easily doubles the drive time and A1A is even slower).
[OP]
Mar 15, 2010
620 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If I wanted to only drive about an hour on A1A which part do you guys recommend?
I am going from Orlando to Miami.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2233 posts
567 upvotes
Ontario
Sawgrass is about half hour from fort lauderdale and is the better one. The premium outlets in Orlando are all pretty much the same as the all the other ones they own.
Jan 14, 2010
645 posts
184 upvotes
Central Ontario
seadooxp30 wrote: If I wanted to only drive about an hour on A1A which part do you guys recommend? I am going from Orlando to Miami.
I'm not sure it's worth it for the time it will take you, but I like the part around Cocoa (lots of nature along the A1A here). Don't ignore Hwy 1 (the west route, on the mainland), it's nice too for water views, just more commercial. Just realize (as per @michelb), if you are in Kissimmee, even Cocoa will be out of your way north. You'd be better just heading east on the 192 and joining up with the 95, or better still paying the toll and taking the turnpike. It's a fairly boring drive from Kissimmee to Palm Beach.

Ft Lauderdale also has a beautiful intercoastal waterway, with nice houses and boat garages along the 'canal' to gawk at. I've never been as far south as Miami, but I'm sure it's much the same. You really can't go wrong picking any coastal drive.

Don't underestimate Florida traffic (I realize this is my mantra!). It's routinely hard to hit the speed limit around Orlando, and this will slow down your progress. MCO>MIA is already a long drive; plan accordingly!
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11705 posts
8939 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
A1A is iconic Florida (just like Hwy 1 is iconic Atlantic Coast USA from to top of Maine to the tip of The Keys)...

So ALL of A1A is a joy for the senses... but if I had to pick in the more heavily populated areas that is the East of Florida, I would say the stretch south from Palm Beach to Miami is worthwhile. I recommend you use a map / GPS though if you want to stay as close to the ocean as possible for the entire journey (you’ll understand what I mean when you look at a map).

It’s not quick by any means... but lots of opportunities to see the “glittering Residential Coast” that is East Florida