Health & Wellness

Best place to buy Glasses online (specifically reading glasses)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 6:07 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1713 posts
1041 upvotes

Best place to buy Glasses online (specifically reading glasses)

What's the best place to buy glasses online? Just need a pair of reading glasses for working at my computer. nothing fancy...
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 26th, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title for clarity
There are 10 kinds of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who don't 💡
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15215 posts
20475 upvotes
Vancouver
junkmail2002 wrote: What's the best place to buy glasses online? Just need a pair of reading glasses for working at my computer. nothing fancy...
Do you need to buy them online? My wife spent a lot of money on reading glasses from an optician, and she prefers the pair I bought at the supermarket for $20.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1713 posts
1041 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Do you need to buy them online? My wife spent a lot of money on reading glasses from an optician, and she prefers the pair I bought at the supermarket for $20.
Doesn't have to be online, just made an assumption that it would be cheaper/better choice, but $20 sounds good :-)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who don't 💡
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21961 posts
1745 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Kiraly wrote: Do you need to buy them online? My wife spent a lot of money on reading glasses from an optician, and she prefers the pair I bought at the supermarket for $20.
I don't know if OP has insurance, but I do so I prefer to get something nice. It's one of the perks of having a decent job. lol!
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
junkmail2002 wrote: What's the best place to buy glasses online? Just need a pair of reading glasses for working at my computer. nothing fancy...
costco??
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
Zenni.com, googles4you.com (more selection), goggles4you.ca, kits.ca (could get them free with code FREEKITS which is $99 off) are all good. Make sure you search for codes/sign up for email for goggles4you because you can get mad discount there. Timing counts for a lot to get the 50%+ dicounts.

I like Zenni the best because I found they had some more fashionable options. goggles4you and kits.ca have a lot of plainer stuff. E.g., I bought these ones at Zenni that are purplish grey https://ca.zennioptical.com/p/womens-tr ... Id=2024117 whereas the other stores have a lot of black, & brown tortoiseshell. -3.00/-3.25 diopters & photochromatic lenses cost me $100. The photogray is not that dark though but I did not feel like paying for real Transitions (which they offer).
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2004
4529 posts
1093 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote: Zenni.com, googles4you.com (more selection), goggles4you.ca, kits.ca (could get them free with code FREEKITS which is $99 off) are all good. Make sure you search for codes/sign up for email for goggles4you because you can get mad discount there. Timing counts for a lot to get the 50%+ dicounts.
Anyone know if these places allow you to order plain frames (without Rx lenses) to try on at home, with returns? I'm thinking I would try a few frames at home, pick the one I like best, take it to a bricks-and-mortar optician to get lenses, and return the other frames for a refund.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12217 posts
7298 upvotes
JHW wrote: Anyone know if these places allow you to order plain frames (without Rx lenses) to try on at home, with returns? I'm thinking I would try a few frames at home, pick the one I like best, take it to a bricks-and-mortar optician to get lenses, and return the other frames for a refund.
I know Zenni allows you to buy frames with plain lenses in them for the cost of the frame. They refund 100% store credit or 50% cash, less shipping so you would be out shipping both ways. Kits would be shipping only for plain lenses. Check their stores.

The prescription I got from Zenni was excellent & I have hear very good reviews of goggles4u as well. Someone told me they were able to get their high diopter prescription for $26 from goggles4u. Caveats are you need that pupillary distance from an optician & places like Lenscrafters only discount the lenses if you buy frames.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2008
1713 posts
1041 upvotes
lecale wrote: Zenni.com, googles4you.com (more selection), goggles4you.ca, kits.ca (could get them free with code FREEKITS which is $99 off) are all good. Make sure you search for codes/sign up for email for goggles4you because you can get mad discount there. Timing counts for a lot to get the 50%+ dicounts.

I like Zenni the best because I found they had some more fashionable options. goggles4you and kits.ca have a lot of plainer stuff. E.g., I bought these ones at Zenni that are purplish grey https://ca.zennioptical.com/p/womens-tr ... Id=2024117 whereas the other stores have a lot of black, & brown tortoiseshell. -3.00/-3.25 diopters & photochromatic lenses cost me $100. The photogray is not that dark though but I did not feel like paying for real Transitions (which they offer).
I found a separate thread with discount codes for goggles4you.com and ordered from there a week ago. Thanks!