Food & Drink

best place to buy live lobsters in etobicoke/mississauga?

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2019 2:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3063 posts
1859 upvotes

best place to buy live lobsters in etobicoke/mississauga?

I live near 427/bloor. I went to Grant supermarket and they are about $10 a pound, but all of them have something wrong with them, one claw ect. Looking to buy just 3 1-1.5lbs lobsters this weekend. Any suggestions?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5632 posts
1359 upvotes
for that amount why not just go to Loblaws on 427 and East Mall
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2207 posts
860 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I live near 427/bloor. I went to Grant supermarket and they are about $10 a pound, but all of them have something wrong with them, one claw ect. Looking to buy just 3 1-1.5lbs lobsters this weekend. Any suggestions?
T&T usually have better quality stuff for about the same price since they are owned by Loblaws.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28605 posts
14014 upvotes
Toronto
asian supermarkets. For example ...http://www.grantsfoodmart.com/index.html

I guess the closest one to your location would be Dixie and bloor.

usually, Fri/Sat/Sun will have some kind of special price for the <2lb lobster ... like $8 per lb.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3063 posts
1859 upvotes
booblehead wrote: asian supermarkets. For example ...http://www.grantsfoodmart.com/index.html

I guess the closest one to your location would be Dixie and bloor.

usually, Fri/Sat/Sun will have some kind of special price for the <2lb lobster ... like $8 per lb.
ah good call but whenever I go there for these specials the lobsters have one claw or a tiny claw or something wrong with them
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28605 posts
14014 upvotes
Toronto
check other asian markets in the Dixie/Dundas area too (if you are okay driving a bit more).

the smaller size ones will not have a full size claw per se because they are still too young.