• Aug 24th, 2017 1:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
4071 posts
3347 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Best place to buy luggage in Toronto?

Basically the title. I have seen that luggage is usually obscenely overpriced and then sold at 80% off or something liek that. Esp. at the bay.

I am looking for a place with a nice collection so I can choose the best one according to my requirements.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5421 posts
7686 upvotes
Ontario
https://www.bettyhemmings.com/ Shop is in Yorkville. Staff have a binder of airline luggage requirements if you plan to take luggage on air travel flight. High end items and some limited edition lines.
Winter parkour on the sidewalks is imminent.😱
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2015
1200 posts
556 upvotes
Vancouver
Take a look at Winners?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7741 posts
1781 upvotes
Scarborough
Walmart.

personally, nothing beats the flea market.
I've bought a small 4-wheelie carry-on for $17 !!
And the big luggage, yeah its cheap and gets the job done, don't need fancy shiny crap its all going into the hold anyway so who cares. It can be had for cheap price too
Plus u can negotiate with them and u walk out with cash payment and no tax.

the true RFDers buy at flea market!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23481 posts
22434 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
The Bay as you say puts their stuff on sale regularly.
We have bought 2 sets there in a 30+ year span. Both what i would consider well made (IMO Luggage is an investment, although you don't have to spend oodles of bucks). You could buy cheap ala Walmart, Winners etc, but then you'll either have to replace often, or find yourself as "that guy" at the airport with the ripped open suitcase in need of a role of Gorilla Tape to get back home.

We got a Samsonite hard sided set back in the 1980s, and the most recent a set of soft sided from about 15 years ago. We have 6 pcs... 2 Medium sized suitcases, 2 Carry On Bags, a Garment Bag, and a Tote. This combo meets all our possible travel needs be it a quick business trip, or a vacation of several weeks. They've served us well be it car, plane or ship travel.

Watch for a sale, you definitely can see them marked down at The Bay anywhere from 25% to 75% off (luggage sales tend to be seasonal... Best deals in March, but August & October are also decent months to buy).
Last edited by PointsHubby on Aug 24th, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Aug 15, 2017
9 posts
5 upvotes
Found a 2 large check-in bags + carry on + laptop bag for $50 on walmart.ca and seems like good quality. Plus I think in-store pick up when you buy online is free and shipping to home (since it's a large item) would be probably $5.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5442 posts
902 upvotes
canada luggage depot is pretty cheap.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)